About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: United Arab Emirates
What is required?
- Hours per week: 48
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Monday, April 17, 2023
About this role: Electrical Commissioning Engineer
- Support Lead Commissioning Engineer in developing and maintaining the Company’s Commissioning Completions System and procedures;
- Support Lead Commissioning Engineer in developing, maintaining and implementing the Company’s Mechanical Completion System including the development of Philosophy, Procedures, and Test sheets;
- Manage interface requirements between the Company’s Engineering Project team, Construction team, Production Offshore/Onshore team and Commissioning team requirements;
- Provide input to Project Engineering Design considering Commissioning requirements of projects;
- Provide electrical commissioning input and assistance during the detailed design phase of projects, to ensure procedures and documentations (such as engineering specifications, practices, documentation and policies) are in place to commission, handover and close out and projects to operations which meets the Company’s standards;
- Support Lead Commissioning Engineer in developing mechanical completion and commissioning plans, on a project-by-project basis, providing electrical systems input for each project;
- Provide hands-on electrical commissioning support/leadership of projects both onshore and offshore within the Company;
- Propose opportunities during engineering detailed design which could help improve operability/reduce costs and improve cost effectiveness /efficiency of projects;
- When required, on ad-hoc basis, sit in for senior personnel such as Lead Commissioning Engineer or Electrical Engineer as required to support the Electrical and Instrument Engineering team.
What you need to bring:
- Bachelors, ONC or HND in engineering or equivalent;
- 15 years varied electrical design, installation, hook-up and commissioning;
- Working knowledge and experience in offshore oil and gas industry codes, specifications and practices, and of International Standards and Specifications including various equipment certifications;
- Experienced in hands on pre-commissioning/commissioning of all types of electrical systems/equipment;
- Working knowledge of various electrical systems and manufacturers including Motor Control Centers, Uninterruptable Power Supplies System manufactures/supplies;
- Knowledge of safety procedures for commissioning such as Permit to Work, Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) and familiarity with Process Safety Management, Mechanical Completion Systems;
- Effective verbal and written English language communication skills ensuing effective report writing skills;
- Comfortable to communicate, with the ability to influence, with personnel of all levels whilst working in a remote and multi-cultured environment;
- Generators, LV/HV Switchgear, Transformers, UPS, Variable Speed/Fixed Speed Electric Motor Drives, Lighting/Small Power, Hazardous Areas/Ex Equipment Proficient in various software/hardware development and trouble shooting skills;
- Hands on Mechanical Completion, Pre-commissioning and Commissioning experience;
- Offshore experience (required to work offshore for varied periods);
- Leadership skills to deputize for senior personnel (Lead Commissioning Engineer) at times when not available in the office.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Suresh Jogi is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Energy UAE Dubai