About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Operations & Maintenance
- Location: Vancouver
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Vocational School
- Closing date: Monday, April 24, 2023
About this role: Document Controller
Our client is a multinational engineering, procurement, construction management, and operations service provider to the energy and resources sectors. We are searching for a Document Controller to join their growing team, ideally someone with project document control on mining EPCM projects.
This is a 1–year contract position with the possibility of an extension or to become permanent.
- Provide project support in document management for the incoming and outgoing deliverables including vendor data.
- Ensure that procedures and standards are adhered to in processing engineering documents, drawings, and vendor data.
- Track, transmit, and accurately file paper and electronic engineering documents, drawings, and correspondence.
- Liaising with the client and other departments, giving recommendations as required
- Perform File Transfer Protocol (FTP) site / SharePoint uploads and downloads as required.
- Conduct document searches and generate reports as needed.
- Archive all Project Documentation at Project Close-out.
What you need to bring:
- A diploma with a 7 – 12 years’ experience in project document control on mining EPCM projects.
- Knowledge of vendor database operation and practical knowledge of Internet based document control databases – SharePoint (preferred), Livelink, Aconex, (desired but not mandatory) and SDx (desired but not mandatory).
- Excellent attention to detail, well organized and with ability to work well under deadlines.
- Welcomes challenges and continuous skill development.
- Has the ability to multitask and balance several competing priorities.
- As this position requires significant amount of cooperation with other individuals, excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a full-time job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with onboarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Anything Else?About UsBrunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Alyssa McLaren is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary