About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Construction, Commissioning & Operations
- Location: Victoria
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Courses
- Closing date: Friday, April 7, 2023
About this role: Diesel Mechanic - FIFO
Our client has recently been recognized as the Rental Company of the Year in the HRIA Hire Industry Excellence Awards (HIEA) 2021.
They're a global leader in generator and temperature control hire with various locations worldwide with local operations across Australia, New Zealand, and the Pacific.
The company is currently looking for an experienced Diesel Mechanic to work out of Emerald and service their equipment in the Basin. This role is a PERMANENT role with the client, FIFO from South East Queensland, and working a 15:13 roster.
The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining and repairing equipment across the company's client base to ensure maximum availability of their Temperature Control and Power rental assets.
- Carry out preventative and scheduled maintenance of hire fleet assets for optimized performance.
- Maintain the levels of all required materials and ensure the appropriate tools are in place and maintained.
- Contribute to optimum team performance and capability by providing quality workmanship to maintain and enhance the reliability of equipment.
- Carry out effective troubleshooting to minimize downtime.
- Maintain and enhance relationships and communication with internal and external customers.
- Provide technical support to the Sales Team when required.
- Work in a safe manner abiding by the company policy.
What you need to bring:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Trade qualification as a mechanic.
- Previous experience working with power generation and/or similar industries.
- Strong mechanical troubleshooting skills, with knowledge of Cummins, Iveco, or Scania engine products being an advantage.
- Current driver's license and forklift license.
Joining the company's team comes with benefits such as:
- Permanent role with the client
- up to $135k per annum
- Access to a tool of trade vehicle and iPhone.
- A collaborative and connected team offering support and guidance in skilled development.
- Employee reward and value programs, including EAP and other benefits.
- 11% superannuation.
- Accommodation and food allowance provided when on swing
- Fly in and out on the first and last day of your shift
In summary, if you are an experienced Diesel Mechanic with the required qualifications and experience, this is an excellent opportunity to work for a global leader in generator and temperature control hire.
The company has a strong commitment to providing a safe and supportive working environment with ongoing training and development opportunities. Apply now to take advantage of this exciting opportunity.
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Tim Stock is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane