About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Cost Control & Procurement
- Location: Calgary
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Friday, February 10, 2023
About this role: Contract Claims Analyst
The successful candidate will act as a Contracts Analyst for Claims Avoidance and Claims Management group of the Canada Project. The role requires extensive communication and integration across Project Contract Management Team, business, and functional groups. The role requires extensive virtual communication in view Project team is placed in different geographical locations. No requirement to work in different time zones.
This role provides an opportunity to gain experience on a Mega Project with the development of the claims management skill. The successful candidate should possess analytical skills and the ability to process high volume of the data. The successful candidate will report to the Claims Manager in the CP Team managing. This is an existing role in the team. The successful candidate will replace the demobilizing team member.
- Own, analyze and maintain the data for the identified commercial issues. Ensure collected information are retained in a structured manner and are up to date.
- Interface with the project and contract management groups to develop strategies to mitigate the identified issue. If mitigation is not possible, ensure Project readiness to manage the commercial issue through the claims management.
- Support contract management team in variations management by conducting entitlement assessments (cost and schedule) including escalation process if standard resolution of the variation is not possible.
- If commercial issue becomes a claim, lead the identified issue through the claims management process.
- Coordinate with the identified participants of the process under the guidance of the Project Claims Manager.
- Investigate claims through organizing chronological evidence through data extraction/analysis, and then presenting the assessment in a clear and concise manner
- Maintain several Project Logs related to the records management and reporting for the commercial issues and claims.
- Act as a Super User for the systems implemented on the Project to manage the information.
- Produce monthly Reports for internal use.
- Coordinate monthly Contract Performance Subcommittee.
- Collect, process, and collate the data for internal use.
- Participate in contract performance reviews.
- Ability to prioritize work with the internal stakeholders.
- Management of multiple interfaces and multiple tasks.
- Maintaining accurate and timely reporting.
What you need to bring:
- Contracting, legal, finance, project services professional familiar with the contracting roles in the projects and resolution of the commercial issues.
- Ability to work with the contract management / administration / reporting systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge, capability, and competence in the following commercial, technical, and interpersonal aspects:
-Application of contracting and procurement processes. - Commercial analysis. - Schedule analysis. - Contract management/administration / reporting systems. - Communication skills. - Flexibility. Ability to adjust to different working styles.
- Undergraduate Degree, or equivalent. Skill with CP professional competencies.
- 5 years or more of experience.
What We Offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
About UsBrunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing – anywhere in the
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Leonardo Lopes is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary