About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Construction, Commissioning & Operations
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- Hours per week: 60
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Tuesday, December 5, 2023
About this role: Construction Specialist - Piping
- Ensure non metallic and metallic piping fabrication / UG and AG construction activities including pressure testing are undertaken in accordance with project needs in general and compatible with project safety, quality, schedule and cost objectives in particular
- Works effectively within established policies and procedures, and participates in the further development of these to meet changing needs.
- Works on large capital expenditure projects in a highly dynamic team environment that has tight-deadlines, high pressure and visibility, requiring accuracy, initiative and the ability to multi-task as essential skills.
- Demonstrates willingness to tackle a variety of tasks in response to evolving business needs.
- Review construction sequence, work plans, pre-task planning and method statements to ensure comprehensive safety and feasibility.
- Provide Company representation in monitoring and coordinating site activities of the Pioneer Camp / EPC Contractor and its subcontractor(s). Reports on the construction activities, progress, areas of concern and mitigating actions. Participates in appropriate weekly construction discipline review meetings.
- Monitor and assist the Pioneer Camp/EPC Contractor and subcontractor(s) in the implementation of site-specific SHE programs to meet safety improvement strategy & objectives, emergency response and evacuation drill programs. Participate in incident/accident investigation under the SHE Coordinator in the area.
- Ensure construction work is carried out in accordance with rules, regulations, and standards and permit to work procedures as applicable.
- Review work and inspection results to ensure compliance with EPC Contract requirements. Interface and coordinate with Field Engineering and QA/QC sections.
- Report and record potential change order requests to assist in claims avoidance.
- Attend PMC and Completions meetings to provide assistance in Mechanical Completion, punch list clearing, Commissioning, and Start-up activities as required facilitating construction deliverables for these activities.
- Maintain Construction focus and overview of Piping fabrication and installation supporting priority completions schedules.
- Work with Construction superintendents and engineers to develop and maintain overall construction and completion metrics to track PMC/Completions construction deliverables.
- Assist PMT in meeting expectations as required
What you need to bring:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
- Good written and verbal English language communication skills.
- Good technical team skills.
- Minimum of Ten (10) years’ experience primarily in construction of Oil & Gas facilities with International experience, especially Qatar or the Middle East, is preferred
- Able to work moderately complex tasks to completion within time constrains of Project, with minimal guidance from more experienced staff.
- Participates in the resolution of problems in more demanding and less familiar situations using precedent and own acquired knowledge.
- Able to work within a defined role with limited supervision.
- Able to make decisions and solve problems related to a specific discipline/field.
- Responsible for own work product with minimal guidance and oversight from immediate supervisor.
- Establishes credibility with peers and supervisors and makes good use of their time.
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 10 Hours / 6 Days
- 31 Nov 2026 with possible extension
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Life Sciences, Future Mobility and Mining.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Babu Harishchandra Jadhav is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Babu Harishchandra Jadhav
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha