Commissioning Manager - Melbourne
Vacancy number • PUB406316
Work with a global leader on an exciting Battery Energy Storage System(BESS) project.
About this role
• Take charge of commissioning activities for the Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) facility, ensuring adherence to project plans, schedules, and budget.• Coordinate and supervise all on-site commissioning activities, including the contractual test of BESS OEM battery systems, leveraging electrical and instrument background knowledge.
• Collaborate closely with the project team, construction team, contractors, and subcontractors to ensure the successful execution of the project.• Review and interpret engineering drawings, plans, commissioning procedures, and specifications to provide guidance and oversight for on-site activities.
• Develop and implement commissioning strategies, methodologies, and quality control processes.• Monitor and ensure compliance with safety regulations, environmental requirements, and industry best practices.
• Identify and resolve commissioning-related challenges and issues in a timely and efficient manner.• Conduct regular inspections and quality control assessments to uphold high standards of workmanship.
• Effectively manage project resources, including materials, equipment, and personnel.• Prepare and maintain accurate documentation of commissioning activities, progress reports, and budgets.
• Collaborate with AusNet and other stakeholders involved in connecting to the Victorian Transmission Network.• Cultivate a positive work environment, promoting effective communication and collaboration among team members.
What you need to bring:
- A minimum of seven years of experience in engineering and commissioning within the power/traction sector
- Possession of an Electrical Engineering Qualification, white card, and a valid driver's license
- Capability to mentor and develop a team of highly skilled and experienced technical professionals essential for current and future market opportunities
- Track record of offering subject matter expertise across technical functions throughout all project phases (identification, capture, delivery, and closure).
Joining this project offers a multitude of benefits for prospective candidates.
Not only will you be offered a highly competitive pay rate, but you'll also be diving deep into the dynamic world of green energy, marking your involvement in an industry pivotal to our sustainable future.
This two-year endeavor isn't just a fleeting commitment; there's a promising opportunity for extension, allowing you to further cement your position and expand your horizons in other groundbreaking projects.
Furthermore, being a part of a global business opens doors to a vast network, exposure to international best practices, and the chance to collaborate with diverse teams worldwide.
It's more than just a job; it's an enriching experience in a sector that's shaping the world's future.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Are you ready for the next step in your career? Join Brunel’s powerful global network, where passionate, results-driven specialists come together with industry-leading clients. By connecting specialists to pioneering projects, we drive change in many industries, enabling growth and delivering great outcomes. Brunel helps you reach your full potential and empowers you to make an impact within a purpose-driven global company.
Explore your career opportunities!
At Brunel, we are proud of our unique corporate culture, which is shaped and nurtured by the collective efforts of our employees. Our work environment is characterised by an authentic, communicative and inclusive approach to teamwork that fosters an atmosphere of collaboration and creativity. Our values are at the center of everything we do – for our clients, our colleagues and ourselves.
Since 1975, our mission has always been to connect specialists to exciting career opportunities, to support the development of these careers, and to offer fair and equal employment. This has enabled us to create a truly sustainable and durable business model. Having a passion for people and caring deeply for the environment is not only part of Brunel’s DNA but is also reflected in our culture and values. As a global company, we take our social responsibility very seriously.
Join us on our mission!
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Chris Minehan is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number: PUB406316