Workshop Operations Manager
Vacancy number • PUB406663
Brunel is partnering with a global organisation who are searching for a highly skilled Machine Shop Operations Manager to join their team in QLD.
About this role
Oversee the operations of business activities within the facility and catchment area. Be responsible for Profit and Loss of the business.
- Manage and drive production activities to ensure revenue targets are met and exceeded, including continuous improvement activities.
- Lead, manage and develop employees.
- Complete month end and invoicing responsibilities.
- Comply with requirements of ISO9001 / ISO17025 and Licensors Quality Standards.
- Maintain high levels of equipment utilisation / uptime and drive ongoing improvements in equipment uptime, running cost and throughput.
- Establish, maintain and improve high levels of quality systems and WIP management.
- Establish and maintain excellent communication, contact and team work with customers, suppliers and staff.
- Complete onsite training to machine shop and inspection staff.
- Lead and develop all safety measures required in and for the facility.
- Controlling of stock and steel.
- Ensure critical accreditations are maintained and compliant.
- Be compliant to all QHSE and HR policies and procedures.
- At all times, comply with Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct.
What you need to bring:
- Previous experience in a supervisory or managerial position.
- Trade certification in Machining, or demonstrable understanding of the machining process.
- Previous experience working within the Oil and Gas drilling industry.
- Familiarity with manufacturing excellence, including modern techniques based on lean manufacturing, 5S, waste elimination and visual communication.
- Previous experience in production planning and scheduling.
- Knowledge of operation of machining techniques.
- Knowledge of CNC machine programming.
- Capability to read and understand engineering drawings.
- Understanding of differences between grades of steel and their machining characteristics.
- Toowoomba/Dalby QLD based role
- Mon- Fri
- Annual salary with additional benefits
Operating locally since 1997, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 45 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Are you ready for the next step in your career? Join Brunel’s powerful global network, where passionate, results-driven specialists come together with industry-leading clients. By connecting specialists to pioneering projects, we drive change in many industries, enabling growth and delivering great outcomes. Brunel helps you reach your full potential and empowers you to make an impact within a purpose-driven global company.
Explore your career opportunities!
At Brunel, we are proud of our unique corporate culture, which is shaped and nurtured by the collective efforts of our employees. Our work environment is characterised by an authentic, communicative and inclusive approach to teamwork that fosters an atmosphere of collaboration and creativity. Our values are at the center of everything we do – for our clients, our colleagues and ourselves.
Since 1975, our mission has always been to connect specialists to exciting career opportunities, to support the development of these careers, and to offer fair and equal employment. This has enabled us to create a truly sustainable and durable business model. Having a passion for people and caring deeply for the environment is not only part of Brunel’s DNA but is also reflected in our culture and values. As a global company, we take our social responsibility very seriously.
Join us on our mission!
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Tim Stock is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number: PUB406663