Chief Financial Officer
Vacancy number • PUB406450
We are working closely with a global power company who has assets on the ground in Australia and is looking to establish an office to further develop their renewable energy portfolio. The client is seeking an experience chief financial officer to establish the Australian business and align the companie's global policies, procedures and systems while maintaining compliance with the local laws and regulations. This is an exicting greenfield opportunity with the backing of a well-established player in the energy sector.
About this role
Your main duties and responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Oversee all aspects of accounting, including accounts payable, receivable, payroll, and fixed assets.
- Ensure accuracy in General Ledger accounts and prepare periodic reconciliations.
- Establish and maintain a robust compliance framework and upgrade key business controls.
- Prepare statutory financial statements and disclosures, ensuring timely filing for local compliance.
- Manage relationships with external auditors and coordinate responses to Internal Audit.
- Handle tax-related responsibilities, including calculations, compliance, and liaison with tax authorities.
- Manage treasury functions, ensuring compliance with group policies and optimal cash flow planning.
- Oversee corporate finance activities, including funding, debt market issuances, and relationship management.
- Lead project and structured financing activities, coordinating due diligence and negotiating financing terms.
- Manage long-term business planning, annual budgeting, and forecast updates.
- Analyze operating and financial performance against targets, supporting corrective actions.
- Support insurance management, including risk assessment, procurement, and claims management.
What you need to bring:
- University degree in Accounting, Finance, and/or Business Administration, with a professional qualification (CFA/CMA/CA/ACCA).
- Minimum of 12 years of financial management experience, including 5 years in a similar position.
- Familiarity with Australian corporate and tax laws, local GAAP, and IFRS.
- Experience with market-leading ERP systems and Financial Planning and Consolidation systems.
- Exposure to international companies, multicultural business environments, and knowledge of the power and utility business is preferred.
- Big4 experience in Audit, Tax, and Assurance is a plus.
- Strong analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills; ability to work independently and under pressure.
- High standards of professional conduct, ethics, and integrity, with a continuous improvement mindset and adaptability to changing environments.
Our client has power assets in 4 continents and is looking to significantly grow their renewables portfolio with 2030 energy targets in mind. This is an opportunity to build something in Australia and leave a legacy behind.
- Be a part of an established gloabel energy company.
- Build your dream team and make your mark on the energy industry in Aus
- Have the excitment of a start up with assets on the ground
- 20% STI on offer
Brunel is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Are you ready for the next step in your career? Join Brunel’s powerful global network, where passionate, results-driven specialists come together with industry-leading clients. By connecting specialists to pioneering projects, we drive change in many industries, enabling growth and delivering great outcomes. Brunel helps you reach your full potential and empowers you to make an impact within a purpose-driven global company.
Explore your career opportunities!
At Brunel, we are proud of our unique corporate culture, which is shaped and nurtured by the collective efforts of our employees. Our work environment is characterised by an authentic, communicative and inclusive approach to teamwork that fosters an atmosphere of collaboration and creativity. Our values are at the center of everything we do – for our clients, our colleagues and ourselves.
Since 1975, our mission has always been to connect specialists to exciting career opportunities, to support the development of these careers, and to offer fair and equal employment. This has enabled us to create a truly sustainable and durable business model. Having a passion for people and caring deeply for the environment is not only part of Brunel’s DNA but is also reflected in our culture and values. As a global company, we take our social responsibility very seriously.
Join us on our mission!
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Chris Minehan is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number: PUB406450