Vacancy number • PUB406644
Our client, a prominent mining company based in Perth, Australia, is seeking a dedicated Category Specialist to join their team. The successful candidate will support the Senior Category Manager in managing the mining portfolio and other strategic categories.
About this role
As a Category Specialist, you will play a crucial role in managing procurement categories and implementing category strategies for our client's mining operations. This position requires collaboration with cross-functional teams and occasional travel to mine sites.
- Manage procurement categories identified by the Senior Category Manager, with a focus on the mining portfolio.
- Conduct detailed category analysis and develop comprehensive category strategies.
- Work with Contracts Officers to implement strategic category plans, contracts, and supplier relationship management initiatives.
- Contribute to the development of an overarching logistics strategy for the business.
What you need to bring:
- Previous procurement experience, ideally within the mining industry, is advantageous.
- Experience of Heavy Mobile Equipment leasing contracts will be highly beneficial
- Strong analytical skills and experience in category analysis.
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills as you will be working with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Willingness to travel to mine sites as required.
- You must be currently based in Australia with current right to work already granted to be considered for this role
- Well known WA mining business
- $640-720 per day + super
- 6 month rolling contract
- Perth CBD office based role
- 40 hour week
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which specialises in connecting highly skilled workers with projects and organisations throughout Australasia and around the world. Operating locally since 1997, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 45 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Are you ready for the next step in your career? Join Brunel’s powerful global network, where passionate, results-driven specialists come together with industry-leading clients. By connecting specialists to pioneering projects, we drive change in many industries, enabling growth and delivering great outcomes. Brunel helps you reach your full potential and empowers you to make an impact within a purpose-driven global company.
Explore your career opportunities!
At Brunel, we are proud of our unique corporate culture, which is shaped and nurtured by the collective efforts of our employees. Our work environment is characterised by an authentic, communicative and inclusive approach to teamwork that fosters an atmosphere of collaboration and creativity. Our values are at the center of everything we do – for our clients, our colleagues and ourselves.
Since 1975, our mission has always been to connect specialists to exciting career opportunities, to support the development of these careers, and to offer fair and equal employment. This has enabled us to create a truly sustainable and durable business model. Having a passion for people and caring deeply for the environment is not only part of Brunel’s DNA but is also reflected in our culture and values. As a global company, we take our social responsibility very seriously.
Join us on our mission!
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Michael Shirley is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number: PUB406644