Vacancy number • PUB406473
Brunel is seeking energetic, self-motivated individuals to fill two Buyer roles within our major petrochemical clients Service Center. These roles will support our operations in Alberta, Ontario, and Louisiana. The environment is fast paced and high volume. We are seeking candidates looking for growth opportunities and willing to take on new challenges in support of the client’s team.
About this role
- Manage daily transactional activities following the procurement operations process in accordance with the risk, spend and scope of work complexity.
- Execute high volume companywide purchase requisitions - verify purchase requisitions for accuracy, completion, required approvals, supplier qualification and contract compliance in order to create purchase orders within established guidelines/timelines and to ensure on-time delivery.
- Understand and apply requirements that meet company interests and protect through compliance and risk mitigation.
- Provide inputs to the Technical Procurement reports for distribution to our stakeholders.
- Record material source and information within the system to streamline future purchases.
- Receive and review order acknowledgements from suppliers.
- Interface with accounts payable with invoice issues related to purchase order discrepancies and capture of early payment discounts.
- Interface with receiving and stakeholders to resolve blocked good receipts.
- Perform follow-up with suppliers to resolve transactional issues on a daily basis.
- Interface with expediting to validate delivery dates, order accuracy, ship method, and payment terms.
- Maintain information on supplier performance indicators, such as on time delivery, quality and other Purchase Order (PO) requirements.
- Identify cost improvement opportunities for assessment and achieve improvements in operational efficiencies and cost savings.
- Escalate issues timely and appropriately to mitigate business risk.
- Effectively engage, consult and collaborate with other service groups including but not limited to Stores, Expediting, Logistics, Legal, Tax, and Risk, as required.
- Apply Technical Procurement best practices and participate in the standardization of business processes.
What you need to bring:
- A University degree, college diploma and/or Professional Designation, with a minimum of 1-3 years related experience and a progressive record of professional development OR a minimum of 5-7 years combination of post-secondary education and related experience with continued professional development.
- Pursuing a Professional Designation is an asset.
- An understanding of local/regional laws as may be applicable for both domestic and international purchase.
- Demonstrated ability to form effective relationships with key stakeholders under challenging deadlines and/or market conditions.
- Ability to persuade and educate stakeholders such that they gain a full appreciation for the various procurement risks and realistic service levels and associated cost.
- Strong organizational skills, time management and results oriented.
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of eProcurement and eCatalog management systems is an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint and PowerPoint).
- Proficiency in Source-to-pay/Procure to pay tools (e.g., SAP MM, Ariba).
What We Offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining, and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing – anywhere in the world.
Are you ready for the next step in your career? Join Brunel’s powerful global network, where passionate, results-driven specialists come together with industry-leading clients. By connecting specialists to pioneering projects, we drive change in many industries, enabling growth and delivering great outcomes. Brunel helps you reach your full potential and empowers you to make an impact within a purpose-driven global company.
Explore your career opportunities!
At Brunel, we are proud of our unique corporate culture, which is shaped and nurtured by the collective efforts of our employees. Our work environment is characterised by an authentic, communicative and inclusive approach to teamwork that fosters an atmosphere of collaboration and creativity. Our values are at the center of everything we do – for our clients, our colleagues and ourselves.
Since 1975, our mission has always been to connect specialists to exciting career opportunities, to support the development of these careers, and to offer fair and equal employment. This has enabled us to create a truly sustainable and durable business model. Having a passion for people and caring deeply for the environment is not only part of Brunel’s DNA but is also reflected in our culture and values. As a global company, we take our social responsibility very seriously.
Join us on our mission!
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Andy Borgatti is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number: PUB406473