About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Calgary
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Sunday, March 12, 2023
About this role: Brownfield Project Engineer
Our client is building Canada’s first large-scale LNG
facility underpinned by safety, continuous improvement, quality execution and
ethics and compliance. The industry-leading liquefied natural gas (LNG) export
facility will provide the world’s cleanest LNG, with the lowest carbon
Execution of a project scope specifically required to address a business opportunity aimed to mitigate and de-risk internal and external impacts on the project and operational performance of the future asset. The initiative will be focused on de-risk potential production, regulatory, and reputation impacts in the early years of asset production.
Principle accountabilities will include:
- Verify and analyze schedules in cooperation with the clients Project Services department.
- Verify and analyze progress curves, manpower needs, and outlooks and address deviation against stage plans.
- Develop and monitor (leading and lagging) KPIs, prevent performance, issues, and identify issues early followed by driving for improvement internally and with contractors, and escalate where needed.
- Liaising with the client's team across the project development workshops planning and assuring the availability of required resource
- Manage external budget for technical support by staff from Shell affiliates
- Proactively identify risks and manage them through Easyrisk.
- Ensure compliance with DCAF, PCAP, and DAM
- Proactively manage the project decision register ensuring that decisions affecting key project milestones are assessed and recorded with a record of high decision quality
- Ensure required assurance events are activated and planned at critical stage gates in delivery
- Drive activities and data accumulation leading to a decision review board conclusion regarding project execution strategy poste early engineering (FEED)
- Act as Contract Holder for key execution Contractors where applicable
- Actively embed the clients objective of Safest Project on Earth (both from the integrity and safety points of view)
- Actively embed the Flawless Project Delivery implementation program.
- Ensure comprehensive review of lessons learned as part of project delivery.
- Set up and lead regular meetings with the client and with Contractors to collect steer and report trends
- Reporting and communicating weekly & monthly status of the project
What you need to bring:
- 10-15 years relevant experience in a project engineering role working directly with EPC/EPCM contractors
- Experience in delivering brownfield projects within oil and gas operator asset organizations.
- Engineering degree
- Broad exposure to oil and gas business with exposure to both technical and coordination management in support of practical solutions. Solid communication skills
- Sensitive to the issues arising from working in a multicultural environment.
- Proven ability to work in, motivate and drive high performance in multi-discipline teams
- High energy level with a relentless focus on own and others’ performance and development
- LNG experience is strongly preferred.
- Ability to work largely autonomously and yet recognize when and where input is required
What We Offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Anything Else?About UsBrunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Alyssa McLaren is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary