About this job
- Market: Life Sciences & Health Care
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Alberta
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Secondary School
- Closing date: Monday, October 24, 2022
About this role: Asset Maintenance Support Manager
We are currently hiring an Asset Maintenance Support Manager for our client, a leading marketer and handler of grains, oilseeds, pulses, and cotton. The company is known for its world-leading, fully integrated agriculture network that connects producers and consumers to supply sustainable, traceable, and quality-controlled agricultural products.
This position is responsible for supporting the maintenance management through participation, analysis, recommendations and administration of maintenance and capital related requests/programs. This includes supporting operations management, project/program development, evaluation and planning, project management, corporate asset maintenance and technical support.
- Selects and directs work of external contractors, ensuring contractor onboarding, with a focus on the EH&S program, is completed. Responsible for monitoring contractor performance and compliance
- Responsible for the planning, development, submission, closures, and ongoing management of capital projects. Develops and maintains databases for tracking of capital funding request submissions and authorizations
- Participate in monthly management meetings to plan and review capital project budgets, schedules, and overall project status
- Supports and coordinates the planned facility maintenance shutdowns in consultation with the effected maintenance and operations staff
- Manage quality assurance programs for projects/activities, ensuring that all work complies with applicable quality regulations, codes, divisional standards, and customer requirements
- Provide direction to Supply Chain Services in negotiations and evaluates the services of contracted maintenance and construction resources
- Promote, supports, and recommends maintenance related, proactive, health, safety, environmental and security programs within the company
- Develop and submit reports to the Maintenance Manager and General Manager outlining work achievements, challenges, and opportunities
- Identify, implement, and communicate management and operational “best practices” to colleagues within the department, division, and inter-divisional partners/customers
- Provides direction and insight into predictive maintenance programs for future facility development and towards new equipment specifications, capacities, and standards
- Evaluates and recommends critical spares inventory based on facility equipment design and requirements
- Develops and manages a program to identify asset reliability risks and manage asset failure prevention, including creating, optimizing, and validating asset PMs and PM frequencies
What you need to bring:
- Post secondary degree in Engineering. Registered as a professional member of the Association of Professional Engineers of the incumbent's respective province
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in facility maintenance and/or construction, including bulk material handling systems, three (3) years of which have been in a supervisory capacity would be considered an asset
- Demonstrated experience in reading building plans and specifications and developing and effectively managing contracts with external service providers
- Computer competent, with demonstrated experience in the use of spreadsheet, database, word processing
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Ksenia Mosends is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary