Vacancy number • PUB406474
Brunel is seeking an Asset Buyer for our major Oil ad gas client. Reporting to the Supply Chain Procurement Manager, the Buyer will undertake a visible leadership role in driving the client and its suppliers to the “Safest Project on Earth” and maintain a Goal Zero requirement in the Asset operate phase. Role is based in Calgary with regular site visits to Kitimat, BC.
About this role
- Deliver the challenging targets of material and equipment availability before startup of the Asset.
- Work with planning teams to understand demand and procure spare parts for the asset operations team
- Develop strategies to procure spare parts based on best value.
- Work in close collaboration with the Commissioning and Startup (CSU) team to ensure the correct material is available during the CSU.
- Participate in planning, and procure materials related to turnaround or shut down events
- Gain an in-depth understanding material demand, as well as local/regional market conditions and price levers.
- Develop strategies, tactics, and contracts in accordance with the Contracting and Procurement Procedures Manual including all governance requirements.
- Ensure Contracting and Procurement process, procedures, systems, and tools are maintained, and upgrades aligned to JVP requirements (particularly meeting JV agreement requirements to adopt Shell process, procedures, and systems).
- Develop and share best practices, work processes, systems, and tools, based on experience gained in a portfolio of independent Assets.
- Must be experienced and proficient in SAP MM module for purchasing related activities.
What you need to bring:
- Minimum of 5 years Contracting and Procurement experience in Oil and Gas or heavy industrial settings that utilize technical equipment.
- Demonstrated Asset Contracting and Procurement experience.
- Must be experienced in operational contracting with demonstrated ability of managing discussions on Terms and Conditions with contractors / suppliers and Legal.
- Understanding and application of contracting and procurement processes and tools. SAP experience is a must.
- Experienced in technical buying.
- Contract management & governance.
- Strong commercial acumen / awareness.
- Strong internal and external stakeholders’ management skills.
- Effective communications at all levels of management both internally and externally.
- Motivated self-starter with a track record of delivery to Asset/Operational demands.
- CP professional competencies at Skill or above, Business, Engineering or Quantity Surveying degree, or equivalent.
What We Offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining, and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing – anywhere in the world.
Are you ready for the next step in your career? Join Brunel’s powerful global network, where passionate, results-driven specialists come together with industry-leading clients. By connecting specialists to pioneering projects, we drive change in many industries, enabling growth and delivering great outcomes. Brunel helps you reach your full potential and empowers you to make an impact within a purpose-driven global company.
Explore your career opportunities!
At Brunel, we are proud of our unique corporate culture, which is shaped and nurtured by the collective efforts of our employees. Our work environment is characterised by an authentic, communicative and inclusive approach to teamwork that fosters an atmosphere of collaboration and creativity. Our values are at the center of everything we do – for our clients, our colleagues and ourselves.
Since 1975, our mission has always been to connect specialists to exciting career opportunities, to support the development of these careers, and to offer fair and equal employment. This has enabled us to create a truly sustainable and durable business model. Having a passion for people and caring deeply for the environment is not only part of Brunel’s DNA but is also reflected in our culture and values. As a global company, we take our social responsibility very seriously.
Join us on our mission!
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Andy Borgatti is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number: PUB406474