About this job
- Market: Life Sciences & Health Care
- Industry: Health Care
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: ACT
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Other
- Closing date: Thursday, February 9, 2023
About this role: Area Manager - Macadamia Orchards
Brunel has partnered with a key Australian organisation with a depth of experience in owning, developing and operating Australian farmland, agriculture infrastructure and other assets. They are currently developing a number of macadamia orchards in the Fitzroy region in QLD and are looking for an experienced Area Manager to manage existing and support the development of their orchard operations across multiple properties.
This is a great opportunity to work with a dynamic organisation that are in constant growth phase. It offers an opportunity to step up to the next level in your career.
This role will involve some replanting and or development activities as well as coordinating orchard managers and setting and implementing operating programs. Reporting to the National Manager Macadamias this role is responsible for :-
- Coordinating orchard managers and supervisors and implementing operating programs
- Leading and developing a team to undertake orchard work, ensuring work is done precisely and safely
- Maintaining orchard records, analysing data entered to provide meaningful management reports and identifying operational issues and budget variances
- Participating in planning operations, contractor tenders and engagement
- Providing monthly reviews of forecasts with accounts and management
- Formulating and implementing agreed nutrition programs
- Overseeing and executing pest and disease control programs
- Precisely monitoring tree health and yield to maximise orchard production
- Acting as a role model by demonstrating precise and safe work behaviours and reinforcing policies and procedures.
- Identifying the training needs of workers, ensuring all are provided with information and instructions, and are competent in all areas of their work so they can work safely.
What you need to bring:
- Proven experience managing agricultural or horticultural operations
- Experience managing teams including employees, labour hire and contractors
- Excellent attention to detail, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Project management experience
- Certificate in Leadership preferred
- Prior experience and/or a background in a corporate agricultural environment will be highly regarded
- Safety training will be highly regarded
This is a great opportunity to manage and develop orchards in the Fitzroy region and be part of the growth of the region. A competitive salary is on offer. You will be eligible to participate in the company's group salary continuance, group life insurance plan and annual bonus. Relocation assistance is also on offer.
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis. Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.Brunel is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidate.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Deirdre Perkins is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane