About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Perth
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Wednesday, February 8, 2023
About this role: Area Coordinator - Off Plot
Brunel are seeking an Area Coordinator - Off Plot to start ASAP with a major O&G operator in WA.
This position will initially be based in Perth before transitioning to a site based 2:2 roster in April 2023.
The Area Coordinator – Off-plot for the ABU Jansz-Io Compression (J-IC) Project is responsible for the safe and timely execution of Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) and Cross Island Transmission (XIT) scopes on Barrow Island.
This includes supporting the onshore Barrow Island (BWI) delivery team through completion of the detailed design for these scopes, mobilisation of the HDD and XIT contractors then oversight of these teams as they complete construction.The site component of this role is a key member of the Construction Management organisation and is a leadership position with a focus on safe and quality execution within the project cost and schedule. The HDD and XIT scopes include 3 x HDD shore crossings, marine and diver support, 13km of trenching, installation of High Voltage and fibre optic cables and connection to subsea umbilicals including some in-service cutovers.
Duties & Responsibilities include:• Perth based office support for the completion of detailed design and work packaging by our engineering and construction contractors prior to site mobilisation.• Rotational site-based leadership position from April 2023 as part of the integrated Construction Management team.
• Ensure safe and quality execution of the scope, whilst managing within cost and schedule expectations.• Work closely with construction contractors and LNG plant operations to manage SIMOPs, permit to work and interface requirements.• Liaises with support functions including Contracts, Logistics, Materials Management and Project Controls to manage progress of the HDD and XIT scope. Proactively identify and resolve potential issues to meet project outcomes.
What you need to bring:
- Minimum 10 years’ working experience with Oil & Gas, or similar industry, required.
- Engineering Degree or demonstrated Construction Management experience.
- Previous experience with execution activities (construction, contractor management or commissioning), is essential.
- A strong working knowledge of civil / structural, and/or electrical design and construction is beneficial.
- Previous contractor management and reporting experience.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal (English language) communications skills are essential.
- Creative, pragmatic, open-minded thinking and a can-do attitude are required to facilitate solutions.
- Previous experience with Barrow Island or the Gorgon Project is preferred but not essential.
Please apply DIRECTLY to this email:email@example.com
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialize in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organizations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100 offices and 45 years of successful operation. Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Katie Rowe is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth