Air and GHG Advisor
Vacancy number • PUB406626
Brunel Papua New Guinea are seeking an experienced Air & GHG Advisor (Environmental ) to work with one of the largest energy companies in the world, who have assets in Oil & Gas, LNG and Renewable energy and are a major operator in Papua New Guinea.
About this role
The client's affiliate is mandated to monitor and report environmental data concerning air quality and GHG emissions to the client, PNG regulators, and project financiers. The Senior Air Advisor stationed in Port Moresby will offer on-site support to the Environmental Supervisor by guiding other environmental specialists and advisors, aiding in air monitoring and reporting, and conducting QA/QC reviews.
• Advocacy of Government of PNG Regulations related to air emissions and Climate Change• Assist Environmental Supervisor with stewardship of air emissions data with a focus on:
- Corporate EPI (Environmental Performance Indicators) reporting- ESMP (Environmental and Socioeconomic Monitoring Plan) reporting
- CEPA (Conservation and Environment Protection Authority) reporting• Coordinate the Environment submission for Corporate Plan. Communicate effectively to ensure timely and reliable preparation of Environmental inputs.
• Coordinate with engineering teams to progress opportunities for emissions reduction Projects• Network with the Planning team to proactively understand Corporate Environmental Priorities, provide air and GHG emissions reporting and forecasting as required
• Facilitate Environmental Business Planning process• Provide training and guidance as needed to facilitate awareness of the Environmental and Social Management Plans with a focus on air quality and GHG emissions
• Oversight and management of third-party contractors• Participate in cold eyes reviews and internal assessments on site as needed
• Meeting with regulatory agencies as needed to assist with air and GHG related reporting and licensing• Assist with IESC (Independent Environmental and Socioeconomic Consultant) inspections
• Ensure compliance to regulatory requirement and Lender’s commitment (per IFC)• Special assignments as given by E&R Supervisor
What you need to bring:
• Technical background, understanding of global GHG trends and international climate policies, treaties and conventions• Understanding and experience of air emission sources and how air emission data are collected and reported
• Experience writing environmental reports for internal and external stewardship• Work experience within the Oil & Gas industry with knowledge of production and engineering practices
• Good interpersonal relationships with diverse workgroups, including regulatory and other stakeholders• Effectively interact in office and field environment with professional, support personnel and operations including consultants
• Experience with regulatory licensing/permitting in PNG
• Fortnightly pay cycle• Full medical insurance
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Papua New Guinea. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract or permanent.
Operating in Papua New Guinea since 2008, Brunel has their major bases in Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning 44 countries, 100 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Are you ready for the next step in your career? Join Brunel’s powerful global network, where passionate, results-driven specialists come together with industry-leading clients. By connecting specialists to pioneering projects, we drive change in many industries, enabling growth and delivering great outcomes. Brunel helps you reach your full potential and empowers you to make an impact within a purpose-driven global company.
Explore your career opportunities!
At Brunel, we are proud of our unique corporate culture, which is shaped and nurtured by the collective efforts of our employees. Our work environment is characterised by an authentic, communicative and inclusive approach to teamwork that fosters an atmosphere of collaboration and creativity. Our values are at the center of everything we do – for our clients, our colleagues and ourselves.
Since 1975, our mission has always been to connect specialists to exciting career opportunities, to support the development of these careers, and to offer fair and equal employment. This has enabled us to create a truly sustainable and durable business model. Having a passion for people and caring deeply for the environment is not only part of Brunel’s DNA but is also reflected in our culture and values. As a global company, we take our social responsibility very seriously.
Join us on our mission!
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Luanne Yuambari is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number: PUB406626