About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Operations & Maintenance
- Location: Colorado Springs
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Other
- Closing date: Monday, January 1, 2024
About this role: Aggregate Operations Manager
Brunel is currently searching for an Aggregate Operations Manager for direct hire with our client located in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
As Operations Manager you will be responsible for all phases of aggregate production for up to 4 open pit quarries.
- Comply with MSHA and OSHA regulations, as well as Federal, State and local environmental regulations as well as State reclamation plans and permits.
- Champion safety and environmental, rules, guidelines, and initiatives while working to achieve 100% employee engagement.
- Management oversight of the operating team to ensure the use of best practice production techniques that are incorporated into daily operations.
- Develop and submit annual mining reports and technical revisions.
- Develop amendments to existing mine plans.
- Work with General Manager to develop long-term mine plans, plant and equipment capital investments, and annual aggregate business plans.
- Foster open management style that takes pride in teamwork, accountability, and sharing in the collective success of the group.
- Establish teams to innovate and promote continuous improvements.
- Work closely with the GM, construction, trucking and sales groups to understand and establish product requirements, production schedules, and inventory control to meet expectations.
- Work closely with Division Controller to manage accurate and timely financial reporting and develop ad hoc financial analysis as opportunities arise.
- Work with GM to find, analyze and prioritize opportunities to secure additional permitted reserves and to profitably grow the aggregate business.
- Manage and support an effective mobile and fixed equipment asset management system that sets appropriate KPI’s and tracks overall performance against plan.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
What you need to bring:
- Preferred candidate will have a minimum of a four-year college, BS degree in engineering or related technical discipline plus 5 or more years of experience in the mining industry or related field OR 10+ years’ experience in the field.
- Knowledge of MSHA/OSHA safety and environmental regulations and the ability to implement the appropriate related programs and controls.
- Knowledge of hard-rock quarry, and sand & gravel mining processes -crushing, screening, conveying, washing, stockpiling, inventory management REQUIRED.
- Comprehensive mine planning and production skill set to envision, design, and justify needed plant and equipment improvements.
- Seeking a strong leader who is capable of being a change agent to spearhead change and growth that may be met with resistance.
- Excellent people, team building, problem resolution skills.
- Ability to train, motivate, support, and coordinate personnel.
- Knowledge of product quality specifications and testing procedures.
- Knowledge of mobile and fixed plant equipment, operation, and maintenance procedures.
- Ability to understand and analyze financial data and KPI’s.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Efficient use of computer, technology, and company systems.
- Valid driver’s license.
- MUST be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer without sponsorship.
Position includes a salary range based on experience $120-160K, annual discretionary bonus, full benefits, 401K matching, student debt assistance, tuition reimbursement, company vehicle and tailored relocation package available.
Family owned company with over 100 years of success and continued growth with over 60 locations worldwide.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Cindy King is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel USA - Detroit