About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Québec
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Monday, April 10, 2023
About this role: Account Manager - Mining
Our client is a global leader in the commercial explosives industry. They provide innovative blasting solutions and quality explosives products globally.
This is a permanent, full-time opportunity.
The successful candidate will provide support to the operations and manage customer accounts with leadership, to existing and upcoming clients located in the mining sector of the Val-d’Or/Abitibi Temiscamingue region.
This position is responsible for delivering sustainable revenue by working closely with the operation and managing customer interactions with professionalism. A critical aspect of this position will be to establish relationships with actual customers and potential customers and identify opportunities as well as risks ensuring that the client is well-positioned for growing its business in the mining and construction sector.
- Develop and maintain customer relationships with key decision-makers.
- Develop a point of contact for customers, and coordinate the clients' resources to support customers.
- Contract management: prepare proposals, and price lists, and monitor profitability.
- Taken ownership of client support.
- Participate in the P&L analysis for customers.
- Identify and develop sales opportunities.
- Manage product forecasting for accounts in the region.
- Participate in team selling activities.
- Demonstrate the clients' products and services at potential customer sites.
- Knowledge of regional industry and operations to identify new system applications/ opportunities to deliver customer value-added products and services. Identify gaps, potential threats, or opportunities for the client's newest technology.
- From a communications standpoint, provide feedback to local management and other stakeholders as necessary.
- Work with local and regional management to establish customer strategies.
- Participate in developing market plans to increase the client's market share.
- Support the customer base through regular visits and follow-ups.
What you need to bring:
- Engineering degrees: either in mining, civil or geological, are preferred.
- 8-10 years of experience in related industries, including sales and client support.
- Knowledge of mining, drilling & blasting processes is required. Knowledge of explosives products will be considered an asset.
- College or technical degree combined with relevant experience will also be considered.
- Bilingualism in both French and English is required (written & spoken).
- Ability to work in a team environment, all while being autonomous and self-sufficient.
- Strong track record of building positive relationships with co-workers, team members as well as clients and stakeholders.
- Ability to travel up to 20 to 30% in the region to cover assigned accounts.
- A good working knowledge of commonly used business IT technologies.
- Positive attitude, friendly demeanor, and a team player
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a full-time job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with onboarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Anything Else?About UsBrunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Alyssa McLaren is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary