About this job
- Branche: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Construction, Commissioning & Operations
- Location: Mississauga
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
About this role: Senior Technical Services Advisor
We are currently hiring a Senior Technical Services Advisor for our lubricant client. The technical services advisor will be responsible for supporting the sales team and customers to provide technical expertise related to lubricant products, application, best practices, and equipment. The role will involve a high level of collaboration with not only the sales team, but also R&D, Marketing, Manufacturing and Supply Chain. This is a full-time permanent opportunity.
- Home office based in Ontario, Canada.
- Approximate 50% travel within the assigned territory (Greater Toronto Area, Manitoba & Saskatchewan)
- Must have no restrictions on traveling (vehicle and/or air travel) within North America
- Vehicle Reimbursement program provided
- Must have valid driver’s license with ability to provide vehicle as per policy and valid required insurance
- Primary technical support for the Sales team, which includes their distributors and customers
- Develop strong technical relationships with customers in order to deliver on our solutions and value based propositions. This would involve gaining a deep understanding of the maintenance and lubrication needs of customers
- Conduct and complete comprehensive lubrication audits and surveys with the objective of continuous improvement and tangible savings
- Develop a strong network and knowledge base as the technical subject matter expert on lubricant products, applications and equipment
- Provide industry specific field knowledge to the Sales, R&D, and Marketing departments regarding product performance, customer needs, and industry trends
- Investigate and resolve product application and/or quality problems by conducting root cause analysis while working with the R&D, Manufacturing, Production and Quality Assurance personnel
- Co-ordinate/lead and support customer acceptance and product development field trials
- Develop, organize and present technical presentations and/or training seminars to customers, distributors, and staff
- Liaise with used oil analysis labs and our R&D team to develop and support oil analysis programs.
- Support original equipment manufacturer (OEM) product approvals
- Manage product cross reference database, along with providing lubricant cross-referencing reports to customers and distributors
- Provide back-up support to other Technical Advisors in other geographies and segments as required
- Special assignments, projects or tasks as assigned by the District Sales Manager
- A minimum of Technical Diploma in Engineering (mechanical or chemical preferred) or, a combination of education and relevant work experience will also be considered
- Consideration would be given to Journeyman Heavy Equipment Technicians with experience in the construction, on road fleet and general manufacturing industries.
- Certified Lubrication Specialist (CLS) per Society of Tribologists and Lubrication Engineers (STLE) exam or commitment to achieving CLS Status within a given time is preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a petroleum, base oils/lubricants and heavy equipment related industry, along with experience in working with lubricant development, testing protocols, equipment application and performance, as well as equipment reliability
- Knowledge of lubricants and tribology practices
- Experience in industries such as general manufacturing, on road fleet, waste and construction is an asset
- Experience in equipment reliability and preventative maintenance practices is an asset
- An exceptional Safety Mindset and ability to work safely at all times when unsupervised
- Excellent knowledge of lubricants development, testing protocols, equipment application and performance, and equipment reliability
- Strong knowledge of commercial and industrial lubricants, and their applications for rotating equipment in a wide range of industries, including food, general manufacturing, fleet and construction, steel, power generation, , etc.
- Working knowledge and participation in audits of ISO/TS quality and environmental systems and OEM registrations, warehouse, blending, and distribution protocols
- Advanced computer literacy in Microsoft Office suite and database management
- Strong interpersonal skills coupled with excellent written communication and oral presentation skills for audiences of varying sizes, backgrounds, and levels of expertise
- Demonstrate proactive continuous improvement and initiative to build best in class processes
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Must be able to be qualified for H2S Alive, Standard First Aid, WHMIS and TDG if required
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Gultchan Chevket is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto