About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Milan
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
About this role: Senior Mechanical Engineer
Job Title: Senior Mechanical Engineer
Status: Permanent/Staff Contract
Our client is a successful EPC within the Oil & Gas industry. They are looking to build a new team in Milan to focus on early engineering stages e.g. Basic, Pre-FEED.
1) Accountable for correct execution of Basic Engineering Tasks within the limits of reference discipline in terms of technical and quality engineering output, schedule and reporting compliance, expected budget results and relationship with Client and Third Parties, under the coordination and supervision of Project Engineer Manager (PEM) and Project Engineer (PE).
2) Responsible for taking in charge the offer documentation and, in the event of anomalies, incompatibilities or inconsistencies as regards own discipline, proposes alternative solutions. Responsible for elaborating the list of engineering documents and a preliminary program of engineering activities, highlighting interfaces and inter-dependencies with other disciplines, as well as the milestones for information from the Client, in order to guarantee the dates of issue of the engineering related to own discipline.
3) Coordinates and develops Project engineering activities related to own discipline, in first person and / or with the support of assigned Project Discipline Engineers (PDE) and / or subcontractors.
4) Manage to highlight any critical issues or technical requirements that impact on own activities to the PEM and the PDLs of other disciplines, as well as reports technical Project changes necessary for the successful execution of engineering at the PEM and the Project Team (PT).
5) Manages and coordinates the interface activities with the Client and Third Parties (TP) in relation to the aspects that impact on own discipline, attending where and when necessary to meetings with Clients and TPs. Promptly report any technical disputes that develop potential commercial impacts to the PEM / PE.
6) Coordinates and develops all necessary support and documentation for own discipline to Corporate Procurement Department for Request for Offer, both material both subcontracts, and Corporate Commercial Departemnet durind bid phases, attending where and when necessary to meetings with suppliers and subcontractors.
7) Monitors the direct costs of the engineering hours within own discipline and promptly reports any discrepancies with respect to the budget to the PEM / PE.
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Daily meal ticket (10 euro)
- Flexibility for 8 remote working days per month
- Flexible working hours based on 8 hours per day
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Matthew Duane is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy UK Manchester