About this job
- Industry: Medical devices
- Area of expertise: Research & Development
- Location: Maple Grove
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
About this role: Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Our client is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people’s lives. Their portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care.
- Manage projects which support the OEM Strategic Initiatives
- Manage transfer activities for specific production cells
- Establishes and defines technical scope and objectives for strategic initiative projects
- Develops project plans, specifies the project goals, strategy and schedules, identifies areas of risk, contingency plans, cost/budget estimates and allocation of resources or capital
- Identifies and schedules project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks
- Quickly and clearly communicates issues, risks, and risk mitigation plans to management
- Prepares project status reports to keep management, customers, and contingency plans that may be required
- Provide technical guidance to engineers and technicians in multiple OEM facilities in support of the OEM strategy
- Liaison between Product Development and Manufacturing during product transfers to ensure successful transition and design for manufacturability
- Support Process FMEAs and production transfer documentation
- Coordinate the design, procurement, build and troubleshooting of tooling, machinery and test equipment
- Reduce cycle times and identify process improvements utilizing lean manufacturing principles and quality first mentality
- Independently write and execute validations and/or assist technicians and other engineers in executing validation protocols (IQ/OQ/PQ)
- For Senior level only – Mentor and coach less experienced engineers and technicians
- Drive a safety driven culture
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering required with a focus in Plastics, Manufacturing, Biomedical or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- 2 - 5 years' experience in a medical device manufacturing or heavily regulated industry.
- Previous product transfer experience a plus
- Project management
- Experience with plastics manufacturing processes is preferred. (Injection molding, extrusion, Thermal forming, Bonding, Ultrasonic Welding, etc.)
- Engineering Drawing creation and interpretation (Solidworks, AutoCAD, GD&T)
- Capital Equipment Specification, Development, and Support
- Familiar with design control, FDA regulation and GMP practices
- Statistical Techniques/Analysis using Minitab or similar tool
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma preferred, belt certification a plus
- Ability to prioritize and work independently
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter with strong proactive work ethic, well-organized and detail-oriented who can work independently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Spanish speaking a plus
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Kenneth McGreevy is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Boston