About this job
- Branche: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Burnaby
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
About this role: Senior Embedded Controls Test Engineer
We are currently hiring a Senior Embedded Controls Test Engineer to join our client’s Systems Engineering team. Successful candidates will have hands-on experience in software validation/verification process and activities for embedded controllers; demonstrate the capability to establish a portable and scalable validation/verification platform; know what and how to effectively evaluate software quality through well-defined metrics.
- Heavily involved in the software validation and verification test procedure, focusing on developing test framework, selecting/building/executing test equipment, guiding the whole software group for quality assurance and best practice.
- Develop test procedure for various levels of white-box software testing, including static analysis, dynamic analysis/testing, unit testing and integration testing (MIL, HIL) with test coverage.
- Design and source components and parts to build test bench at both software level and hardware level, with well developed documentation.
- Develop and automate test code and routines in Model-Based development (Matlab/Simulink) environment and text-based coding environment (C/C++/IEC/scripting language).
- Implement and test software interface I/Os, CAN communication by using CANanalyzer or equivalent tools.
- Define and document test metrics with inputs, conditions and expected pass/fail criteria for regression testing.
- Develop and maintain traceability between requirements and test cases, and manage the test reports by following the formal configuration management process.
- Document and report the test activities for functional safety compliance purpose.
- Manage software test code version control and evolution.
- Other duties as occasionally required by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in EE, computer engineering, or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in industrial-level embedded firmware/software validation and verification testing.
- Experience with formal software version control (Git/SVN) and release/configuration management.
- Excellent documentation and detail-oriented approach on test development and execution
- Experience commissioning, tuning, and troubleshooting embedded software by using MM, Scope and other relevant equipment.
- Commitment to delivering high quality software by inventing and following processes, procedures and coding styles.
- Team player, self-motivated, have habit to document and communicate promptly on what is done. Have passion in engineering and doing things in a systematic way.
Nice to have:
- An engineering degree from an accredited Electrical, Electronics or Computer eng. university/college/institutional program.
- Work experience with Agile development process.
- Experience with instrumentation including pressure, temperature and flow measurement devices.
- Experience with full software lifecycle and safety-critical software development, including requirements, design, integration, validation, and verification is strong asset.
- Extensive experience with CAN and communication protocols such as J1939, CANopen is a strong asset.
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We will get you going while you get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That is what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we have created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Rory Lyden is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto