About this job
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Cost Control & Procurement
- Location: Mississauga
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
About this role: Senior Contracts Manager
We are currently hiring a Senior Contracts Manager for our Mining client. The Senior Contracts Manager will be responsible for managing all contracts for assigned capital projects from conception through execution and completion. Responsible for post contract administration and management of all contract matters relating to the obligations and duties of both parties. This is a two-year contract opportunity.
This contractor position is on a temporary basis and will be located initially in Yokohama, Japan and then at the jobsite in Indonesia.
- Analysis all contracts including the conditions, scope, and other Works information to identify requirements and deliverables and to highlight areas of risk such as ambiguities, conflicts, or deviations from the scope of work. Makes recommendations to the Project Managers on the mitigation of these risks. Closely monitors and supports remedial actions and implements appropriate actions.
- Engage Project Managers and Project Procurement Managers to ensure project development plans, requisitions, contracts and payment systems are implemented in accordance with the company’s established policies, procedures and business practices.
- Manage contract services with project management teams and external contractors or suppliers to develop workable terms that provide maximum protection for the company within necessary time constraints.
- Develops and manages appropriate mechanisms to monitor compliance with contract terms and conditions.
- Supervises and provides guidance to other project team members to ensure technical competence and consistency of administration across several contract packages and to ensure that customer-related actions or inactions which could result in constructive contract changes are identified and make recommendations on their resolution.
- Develops and manages procedures to recognize and identify contract claims as they develop and manage the timely resolution under the changes provisions wherever possible, obtaining claims and legal expertise as appropriate.
- Maintains a good working relationship with Construction, Engineering, Project Controls, Procurement, Legal, Project Management and Risk Management to facilitate organizational interfaces to support contract administration.
- Provides the Project Manager with reviews and analysis of the contract commitment data and payments position and assists Project Controls in the development and maintenance of overall cost management.
- Manages contract insurance provisions and implementation of all requirements. Completes risk analysis for any changes to these provisions and manages these risks through contracting strategy, tracking and reporting.
- Develops processes to ensure the Project Management team adheres to all requirements of good corporate governance. Takes early actions to correct any deviations from good governance practices and mitigates risk for future incidences.
- Manages contractor reporting and provides contract management expertise to the Project Management team.
- High School diploma or GED and eighteen (18) years’ experience in Supply Chain or the related fields of Business, Accounting, or Engineering, OR
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or the related fields of Business, Accounting, or Engineering and fourteen (14) years’ experience in Supply Chain or the related fields of Business, Accounting, or Engineering
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of commercial contracts management
- Work involves frequent travel, international assignments, and relocation to the site of work
- Proficient in the use of personal computers in a business environment. MS Word, Excel, Outlook, essential
- Experience with large copper production and related facilities
- Prior EPCM experience preferred
- Heavy industrial construction commercial management experience
- Working as a team member (Client, EPCM & Contractors)
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Gultchan Chevket is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto