About this job
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Exploration & Geosciences
- Location: Western Australia
What is required?
- Hours per week: 84
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
About this role: Rig Geologist
We have an opportunity for a Junior Resource Definition Geologist to join one of our Major Iron-Ore producers who currently have operations in the Pilbara. This is a FIFO role, leaving and arriving to Perth on a Family Friendly, 8:6 Roster.
As a Rig Geologist, your daily operations would include:
- Utilizing textural logging techniques to log RC chips and validate results post-return of laboratory assays
- Merging and checking of Assay results – utilizing prior knowledge of XRF techniques
- Rig Management and completion of in-field Inspections and Field Leadership forms
- Generation of exportable datasets and maps
- Production of in-field sections for geospatial validation of RC logging
- Planning drill programs
- Data management and interpretation
- QAQC of drill hole data
- Daily safety inspections of drill rigs and drill pads
- Use of Vulcan, Acquire, Arc Map and Leapfrog Geo
- Report to Resource Definition Superintendent
- Track sample collection/dispatch
- Work well unsupervised in remote locations.
To be eligible for this role you will be need:
- Tertiary qualification in Geology
- C Class Drivers License (Manual)
Favorable extra skills/experience:
- VULCAN and/or ARCGIS software experience beneficial
- Previous iron ore experience
Our client is one of the leading Iron-Ore producers for Australian the Pilbara Region. They have a strong set of core values that they uphold in all areas of the company. They appreciate ingenuity, hard work and enthusiasm from their team and in return, offer:
- Competitive hourly rates
- 6-month contract with potential for permanency based on performance
- 8:6 from Perth.
- 12 hours per day
- Super on all hours worked.
- Comfortable facilities - gym aircon and
- Return to site every evening
This is a fantastic opportunity for those new to the geology field and looking for on the job training and support for your entrance into the Mining industry.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100 offices and 45 years of successful operation.Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Paige Harding is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Projects Australia Perth