About this job
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Cost Control & Procurement
- Location: Calgary
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
About this role: Regulatory Compliance Technician
We are looking for a Regulatory Compliance Technician/Technologist to support our Regulatory Compliance team. You are an enthusiastic individual that is detail-oriented and takes the initiative. You have demonstrated organizational and communication skills and an ability to develop strong working relationships both internally and externally. Your focus will be on ensuring compliance requests are monitored, assigned, communicated, tracked, and closed following Company’s protocols and systems. You will also support the company by providing guidance on regulations and regulatory change, supporting audits and reporting as required, and provide backup support if/as needed for other data tracking requirements. This role is a full-time contract position based in our downtown Calgary office with potential for occasional travel to field locations for regulatory support 5% of the time (if required). Typical office hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Lead and develop small project teams of writers and associates and contractors.
- Monitor company’s compliance inbox (email) for information and compliance notices from regulators (e.g., field inspection surveillance notices, audits).
- Assign, track, communicate, and monitor compliance audit and inspection requirements to internal stakeholders.
- Ensure submission of required regulatory responses by assigned deadlines via government portals.
- Ensure effective document management of regulatory submissions.
- Maintain compliance distribution contact lists.
- Prepare regular compliance status reports, including trends.
- Support internal requests for regulatory guidance by researching and preparing summaries of applicable legislation (with support).
- Review regulatory changes and provide summaries as requested (with support).
- Support audits, assessments, and reporting as requested (with support).
- Provide backup support for maintaining waste manifest data as requested (with support).
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Undergraduate degree or technical diploma.
- Working knowledge of the upstream oil and gas industry in Western Canada (conventional, in situ oil sands, pipelines).
- Minimum two years of experience in a role working with government agencies, data systems and documentation control (or equivalent).
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and develop positive relationships.
- Detail oriented, good time management skills, strong ability to manage to deadlines.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams.
- Knowledge of SharePoint, SAP, Spotfire/Power BI an asset but not required.
- Awareness of Alberta Energy Regulator directives and guidance documents an asset but not required.
- Knowledge of legal land description (Alberta and BC) is an asset.
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Jen Folkes is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto