About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Construction, Commissioning & Operations
- Location: Sarnia
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Secondary School
About this role: Operations Technician
The contract Operations Technician primary activities will encompass safe and reliable operation and maintenance of the facility on a continuous basis.
Duration: 8 months
- Operating the unit in a safe, efficient, and reliable manner.
- Preparing equipment for maintenance and safe work permitting.
- Ensuring the clients safe work practices and policies are maintained at all times.
- Completing area safety checks and responding to hazards in the area.
- Monitoring unit conditions on an ongoing basis and carrying out troubleshooting steps to address identified issues.
- Reporting and initiating corrective actions for plant operation in assigned area.
- Conducting preventative maintenance of equipment (i.e., rounds and checks, swing pumps).
- Implementing changes to operating parameters to optimize unit performance.
- Maintaining housekeeping standards within the operating unit.
- Operate outside operating areas culminating in the operation of a complex DCS panel.
- Participating in team safety meetings, safety audits and follow-ups.
- Participating in procedure reviews.
- Supporting and participating with the Emergency Response Team (ERT).
- Entering SAP notifications for equipment related problems.
- Graduate of the Chemical Production & Power Engineering Technology (CPET) program or equivalent with a 4th Class Operating Engineer Certification (TSSA). A higher certification would be considered an asset.
- Previous co-op experience would be an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot operating problems.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, high levels of personal motivation and ability to adapt to change.
- The ability to work effectively and contribute within a team environment.
- Effective communication skills to cope with a wide variety of operational priorities and work activities.
- Computer efficiency is essential.
- An absolute commitment to Responsible Care.
- A demonstrated ability to learn and apply new technical concepts in a timely manner.
- The ability to take initiative and be proactive in actions.
- The ability to complete multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel FamilyAbout UsBrunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Alyssa McLaren is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary