About this job
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Technical
- Location: Calgary
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
About this role: Material Handling Technician
We are currently hiring a Material Handling Technician to safe handling of materials such as lab samples and products and effective management of inventory, ensuring accuracy and tracking data is processed in a timely manner. This is a 12-month contract, full-time position located in Calgary, Alberta.
- Safe handling of materials such as lab samples and products
- Effective management of inventory, ensuring accuracy and tracking data is processed in a timely manner.
- Receipt of all incoming material, application of barcodes and communication to applicable individuals.
- Organization and disposal of expired or no longer needed materials
- Maintaining and updating databases (LIMS, Barcode)
- Processing transportation (TDG) requests.
- Ordering and maintaining minimum levels of supplies including lab coats, compressed gases and other lab and office supplies.
- Coordinating the day-to-day activities between the two Innovation sites (CAR and CPA).
- Providing input into the development of safe standard operating procedures and providing updates and improvements to existing processes.
- Moving materials within a warehouse environment with the use of a forklift, manual or power pallet jack.
- Regular interaction with customers and shipping companies/couriers
- Safe packaging of materials for shipping purposes
- Filling out customs compliance documentation for cross border shipments
- Legally able to work in Canada and travel abroad.
- 4 to 6 years direct materials handling experience.
- Strong safety culture and experience with reading and writing procedures.
- Forklift certification.
- TDG certification.
- Direct shipping / receiving experience.
- Warehouse and inventory management experience.
- Computerized inventory management and tracking systems experience.
- Good attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong customer interaction skills.
- Knowledge and practical experience with customs compliance processes is an asset.
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Leonardo Lopes is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary