About this job
- Branche: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Queensland
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
About this role: Internal Communications Advisor
Seeking an Internal Communications Advisor to work in Brisbane for a major energy provider. This will be for a contract lasting until end of January 2023.
Brunel Australasia are currently partnering with one of Australia’s leading natural gas producers. They have a great reputation for creating a safety-focused culture, whilst they expand their operations in Queensland’s onshore gas reserves.
If you are passionate about engaging and inspiring employees on business strategy and their role in delivery, this is your chance to apply this and connect a diverse employee base with how the company is powering progress in Australia. Where you fit in In this Internal Communications Advisor role, you will develop and implement effective internal communications and engagement programs which connect employees with the business goals and how they contribute and drive performance. You will be supporting the business, which is one of Australia’s leading natural gas producers and is developing Queensland’s onshore gas reserves. The company operates a liquified natural gas plant on Curtis Island near Gladstone, plus natural gas operations including wells, compression stations and processing plants in the Surat Basin. You will build strong relationships with business leaders and guide them on how to communicate with impact and strengthen employee engagement, empowerment and motivation. You will take an audience-first approach in developing engagement strategies and tactics which reach and unify large, geographically dispersed workforce of 1,000+ staff, from office-based employees to frontline workers on shift rosters. You will also support broader internal and corporate communications activities for Australia, including content creation and channel management, plus managing content and logistics for largescale, in-person and virtual events. What’s the role?
- Develop and implement strategic internal communications and engagement programs which drive employee understanding of the business priorities and their role in delivery.
- Build trusted and collaborative relationships with business leaders, demonstrating knowledge of their business priorities and guiding them on how to make these relevant and meaningful for staff.
- Advise and coach leaders on engaging effectively with employees, conveying their messages with authenticity, credibility and confidence.
- Drive and implement internal communications change management strategies for key projects.
- Produce compelling content and messaging for a range of channels, such as leadership messages, intranet articles and presentations.
- Apply creative approaches such as film, photography and infographics to communicate complex projects and technical information in an appealing and digestible way.
- Measure the effectiveness of communications and engagement activities. Leverage these insights to identify and implement optimisation opportunities.
- Bring external insights and trends to benchmark and refresh the internal communications approach.
- Work in natural teams to drive timely, integrated and seamless internal and external strategies.
- Manage third-party suppliers such as communications and content production agencies, ensuring quality delivery against service level agreements.
- Strong track record in developing and executing communications strategies which engage, inspire and motivate employees.
- Excellent business partnering skills, including building relationships with business leaders based on mutual trust and collaboration.
- Ability to understand business strategy, including complex financial and technical information, and translate this into communications plans and content for diverse audiences.
- Proven track record in developing tailored, audience-first content for a range of channels.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and an ability to prioritise, multitask and meet deadlines.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Strong communicator, collaborator and integrator.
- Tertiary qualification in Communications, Media, Marketing or Journalism, or relevant professional experience in a similar industry.
- 8hr days Mon- Fri (WFH available upon discussion)
- Contracted until end Jan 2023 (potential to be extended)
- Brisbane CBD based position
- Great Culture | Safety Focused | Professional Team
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Darren Leavey is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane