About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality
- Location: Perth
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
About this role: Environment Specialist
On behalf of our client, a leading integrated energy company, Brunel are currently seeking for an Environment Specialist to join their site HSE Team.
Reporting to the HSE Manager, this role is rotational and based on Barrow Island on an even time (2:2) roster and plays a key role in supporting the environmental management of BWI for both WA Oil & Gorgon Assets.
- Member of WA Oil site leadership team
- Interface with and provide environmental SME guidance and support to WA Oil and Gorgon assets working directly with frontline teams, leaders, and Business Partners
- Work consultatively with Perth WA Oil and Gorgon environmental focal points and WheatstoneEnvironmental Specialist
- Key interface with on island environmental regulators (DBCA Reserves Officers)
- Site focal point for BWI environmental and quarantine monitoring programs and associated Business Partners
- Lead development and delivery of environmental awareness initiatives to increase environmental fluency.
- Co-ordinate BWI recreational activities working group and associated activities/documents in consultation with DBCA, Gorgon PIC and WA Oil Field Superintendent
- Co-ordinate BWI Environmental Champions program
- Participate on BWI IEMT as oiled wildlife response focal point
- Participate as BWI environment focal point in various working groups and projects (e.g. bushfire, waste)
- Conduct field-based activities including safeguard assurance activities
- Undertake waste and environmental sampling as required.
- Undertake fauna handling activities, conduct site training, and provide SME guidance and support as required
- Participate and lead incident investigations.
- Environmental qualification (Diploma or Degree), this is a regulatory requirement.
- Demonstrated ability to take a ‘one team’ approach working in a small team and collaborating effectively with others
- Demonstrated ability to influence without authority, coach site leaders, work independently and build strong working relationships with a variety of stakeholders including regulators, leaders, frontline personnel, and business partners
- Confidence to interact directly with a variety of field and frontline personnel
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing business needs and priorities
- Practical problem-solving skills with strong planning and project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills that can be tailored to the audience (e.g. developing and delivering presentations, leading discussions, facilitating meetings with a drive to reach consensus)
- Knowledge and application of relevant Western Australian and Commonwealth environmental legislation and approvals.
- Experience in assurance, emergency response, oil spill response, fauna handling, environmental sampling, incident investigation is highly desirable.
- Training and/or awareness experience would be beneficial
- Experience in regulatory and/or Business Partner liaison would be beneficial
- An understanding of HOP and how this applied to the workplace would be beneficial
- Willingness and interest in building knowledge and capability in oil and LNG operations and Complex Process Facilities
- 12 months contract opportunity (initially)
- Competitive rates
- 2 weeks on & 2 weeks off roster
- Key role supporting environmental management of BWI for WA Oil & Gorgon assets
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Yamila Cabral is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth