About this job
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
About this role: Engineering Manager
Brunel is currently searching for an Engineering Manager for a direct hire position with our mining client in Lisbon, Portugal.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to assist with building a new business from scratch, participating in development within an emerging industry, and being part of an energetic, entrepreneurial and high skilled team that does not understand the sentence “it is not possible".
- Developing, owning and maintaining high quality engineering standards for the business
- Lead the DFS phase and Detailed Design, coordinating engineering, driving sustainability and finalizing the tech. routes and flowsheets
- Define and develop the process flowsheet and associated engineering deliverables
- Define engineering design of the conversion plant leading the development of the DFS design and the technical aspects of DFS coordinated with Project Director
- Support and work with Package Managers to deliver necessary test work requirements
- Recruit and building the technical and engineering teams (focus on discipline engineers) and career development of the engineering team
- Reviewing and approving the project design and procurement strategies
- Reviewing and approving the QA/QC documentation
- Reviewing and approving the projects’ scope of works
- Able to promote and drive value engineering
- Reporting the deviations from the Basic Design during the Detailed Design and Execution project phases
- Manage engineering work to ensure compliance to EU and Portuguese codes, standards, regulations, equipment specifications, and process equipment operating targets
- Chartered or Professional Engineer in the Civil, Structural, Architectural, Mechanical, Process or Electrical engineering fields.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience (preference is 15 years) in the design/engineering of mineral processing, oil & gas, heavy industrial, manufacturing, or chemical process facilities.
- Mineral processing experience is ideal.
- Have experience in multi-disciplinary engineering coordination, interfacing with construction and internal/external stakeholders.
- Experience working on international industrial projects and in multi-cultural environments.
- Great communication skills as have constant interaction with team members and external parties such as contractors, vendors, authorities, and auditors.
- Excellence in building trust and at collaborating with different parties involved in construction.
- High work ethic, multi-tasker, strong analytical ability and attention to details, critical thinking, and problem-solving
- Must be English speaking. Bilingual with Portuguese or Spanish, highly desired.
- Relocation to Portugal will be required. Full relocation package available.
- World Leading technique
- Top specialists as team peers
- International environment
- Fast paced & entrepreneurial culture
- Warrant program
- Wellness grant
- Stellar employee offerings such as PTO and benefits.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Searching for strong individuals that truly want to make a positive impact on the future. Purpose to provide Europe with the opportunity to switch to renewable energy – efficiently and entirely.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Cindy King is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Detroit