About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Perth
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
About this role: Electrical Engineer
On behalf of our client, a leading natural gas producer, Brunel is currently looking for an Electrical Engineer to join their Perth based office.
This role will be part of the electrical team to ensure the safe operation / reliability and integrity of the power generation & distribution system.
- Support of specialist’s type activities, Electrical Network Monitoring and Control (ENMC) system, UPS, Integrated Motor Control System (IMCS), Variable Speed Drives, Electrical Equipment installed in a Hazardous Area, relay testing and overall electrical activities.
- Provide support for the Electrical Network Monitoring and Control (ENMC) system and LV IntegratedMonitoring Control System (IMCS).
- Maintain a stable electrical network through active ENMC/IMCS equipment monitoring andpreventive maintenance of electrical equipment across the facility.
- Electrical engineer providing discipline support for operating offshore asset, including Periodic visitsas required.
- Performs a variety of tasks for a specific project phase.
- Technical assurance review is required for the majority of the work products.
- Support the electrical maintenance team with advice and resources for problems that requirespecialist competencies.
- Support turnaround and projects planning and the development and application of qualitymanagement systems.
- Participate when required in the multidisciplinary Area Integrity/ Reliability Management Team (ledby the Area Operations & Maintenance Engineer).
- Reporting to be established through Key Performance Indicators based on pacesetting initiatives.
- Ensure own discipline engineering and design work are successfully delivered and appropriate reviews conducted
- Min 5 years’ experience in the Oil and Gas industry covering power generation, electrical distribution,electrical installation, Interfaces to electrical control and distribution control systems, maintenanceexecution and electrical protection inspection/testing.
- Experience of Offshore Operation, maintenance, and execution
- Experience in troubleshooting and analysis of equipment performance is required.
- Integrity management through the application of risk and reliability centered maintenance techniques and root cause analysis are required
- Understand the interfaces between the electrical systems and the main plant operating system (DCS)
- Understand ignition control requirements and Electrical Equipment Installed in a Hazardous Area (EEHA).
- IEC 60079 Standards and be able to apply them.
- 10 months contract
- Work with a leading Oil & Gas Operator
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Yamila Cabral is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth