About this job
- Industry: Energy Power Plants
- Area of expertise: Operations & Maintenance
- Location: Matraville
What is required?
- Hours per week: 38
- Education level: Other
About this role: E & I Technician
Are you sick of working away from home? Are you looking for a permanent secure position with a market leader. but still want time for your family?Our Client is a market leader in water treatment and chemical distribution in Australia and New Zealand with a growing presence in North and South America and Asia. They supply, manufacturer and distribute general chemicals across a diverse range of markets.We are currently seeking a qualified Electrical & Instrumentation Technician to join our maintenance team at an established chemical facility. Ideally you will hold your unrestricted NSW Electrical License and have knowledge in various instrument calibrations and maintenance. You will be required to work Monday to Friday and participate in the on - call roster 1 weekend per month. You will be based onsite in Botany.
You will ideally be a motivated team player with great technical skills and a flexible, can do attitude. This role will be based onsite in Sydney with the maintenance team.
Key Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Unrestricted NSW Electrical License
- Instrumentation certified (Australian recognised) and knowledge in various instruments calibration & maintenance
- Maintenance experience in a process plant (any industry)
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics, loop diagram and follow the drawing for wiring and loop tracing
- Knowledge of Australian wiring rules AS/NZS 3000.
- Hazardous area installation trained and working knowledge of electrical equipment in Hazardous area as per AS/NZS60079
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and fault finding in various circuits i.e. Motor circuits, motor controller and instrument loop
- Understanding of High voltage is preferred
- Able to identify problems at root cause
- Flexibility to be apart of the on-call once per month.
- An uncompromising attitude to safety
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Solid computer skills
- Great company culture and work life balance
- Opportunity to work with a leader in the market
- Extensive training program
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Laura Lewis is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Melbourne