About this job
- Branche: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Victoria
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
About this role: Contracts Lead
Seeking a Contracts Lead for a 12 month contract (potential to extend) based in Docklands Melbourne.
Brunel Australasia are currently partnering with one of worlds premier petroleum and petrochemical companies. They have a great reputation for creating a safety-focused culture.
The Contracts Lead manages portfolio of agreements and new requests, enabling efficient and effective purchase of goods and services (from purchase to pay) with a focus on business value, on-time delivery, and cycle time
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Negotiates contract pricing and terms & conditions directly with suppliers while working with internal stakeholders, seeking lowest total system costs and appropriate mitigation of supply and legal risk.
- Executes PtP (Procure-to-Pay) processes in full compliance with Sourcing & Acquisition Handbook and CIMS (Controls Integrity Management System) catalogs.
- Fully leverages Procurement processes and tools to ensure most effective procurement method is utilized.
- Maintains agreement portfolio: scope updates, pricing, Exhibits, amendments.
- Ensures contract compliance and utilization - monitors supplier performance, troubleshoots issues, etc.
- Ensures transactional efficiency of agreements by leveraging systems.
- Identifies business value and other opportunities within the portfolio.
- Develops and maintains internal and external relationships to meet business line expectations.
- Provides fit-for-risk process improvements.
- Influences development and implements Category strategic and commercial guidance; shares portfolio specific market intelligence to Category Networks.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Behavioral Skills: analytical, applies learning, communicates effectively, creates business value & competes to win in marketplace, makes sound decisions.
- Functional Skills: PtP knowledge, system utilization & efficiency, total system cost, apply controls mindset, application of business & procurement technical knowledge, service excellence, contract development, contract management, negotiating and influencing, relationship management.
- Experience in contracts engineering
- Ability to effectively win leads in the marketplace and make sound decisions.
- BS in Engineering preferred
- Broad understanding of project execution and contracting principles
- Expert in commercial negotiations, contractor management and contract administration
- Willing to business travel or relocate to project sites (domestic / overseas)
- Docklands based role in Melbourne
- 10hr days Mon- Fri
- 12 month contract (potential to be extended)
- Great Culture | Safety Focused | Professional Team
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Darren Leavey is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane