About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Construction, Commissioning & Operations
- Location: Calgary
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
About this role: Construction Manager
We are currently hiring a Construction manager for our Energy client. The Construction Manager will be responsible for overseeing and directing construction from conception to completion on a redevelopment project. This is a full-time permanent opportunity.
- Reviewing the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs.
- Overseeing all onsite construction to monitor project schedule, compliance with building and safety regulations.
- Coordinate and direct construction staff including subcontractors.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with clients, consultants and subcontractors.
- Manage compliance of contractual responsibilities, contract documents and provide dispute resolution and risk mitigation.
- Manage all contract and change order costs, including negotiating, processing and assessing impacts.
- Manage all documents such as drawings and addendums.
- Provide regular performance status reports regarding cost forecasts, schedule and safety.
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones.
- 5+ years of commercial construction project management experience.
- Degree in construction management, architecture, civil engineering or related field.
- Solid understanding of building codes and all applicable government regulations.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Effective communication skills along with strong organizational skills.
- Proficient with Outlook, Excel and Word
- Proficient with MS Project or equivalent.
- Highly motivated individual with strong communication skills.
- Proven ability to manage various sub trades.
- Thrives in a collaborative team environment.
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Gultchan Chevket is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto