About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Perth
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
About this role: Civil/Structural Engineer
On behalf of our client, a world leading Oil & Gas Brunel are currently looking for a Civil / Structural Engineer to join a multifunctional/disciplinary project group.
This role will be responsible for leading Civil and Structural discipline and providing assurance and oversight to 3rd party engineering contractor that delivers the civil and structural engineering scope.Set goals and align resources to priorities, energise the team to be accountable for its deliverables while taking ownership for the results of the team.
- The role shall ensure that civil/structural design for CO2 Long Term Optimisation project meet Business Unit specifications and applicable Codes/Standards.
- Lead and assure, including assurance of such when developed in hours and by 3rd Parties, the following activities:
- Development of discipline Cost Time Resource (CTRs), assignment of discipline resources and monitoring of progress
- Development of technical solutions
- Development and approval of a wide variety of discipline deliverables
- Development, checking and approval of calculations / analyses
- Functional Review of MOCs (Management of Change)
- Provision of technical expertise on discipline design principles
- Develop and drive DSPs (Decision Support Packages) or KDSs (Key Decision Sheets), as needed, to approval.
- Development of/input to ‘Request for Proposal’ and ‘Request for Quotation’ and review of technical bid packages
- Coordination with stakeholders to get the alignment with the key decisions and support CO2 LTOP project related engineering activity.
- Work closely with the Engineering Lead and interface with other disciplines to ensure design quality and successful outcomes, including interfacing with discipline Subject Matter Experts and/or Technical Authorities to address complex issues or specification compliance queries.
- Apply appropriate CPMS, FD&C, MOC and capital stewardship principles to ensure decision quality and superior project execution, leveraging the use of Chevron Engineering Specifications (CES), local and international codes and standards.
- Manage and control change by developing relationships and providing effective communications with diverse, cross-functional stakeholders (Operations, Maintenance and Reliability, System Engineering, Technical Excellence and ETC teams) to understand asset priorities and performance targets, in order to assess and minimize the impact of proposed design/procedural modifications, schedule changes, technical interface issues, and budget/cost changes.
- Committed to providing a safe work environment for everyone involved with the project. Establish and maintain an injury free culture with all project personnel, Company and contractors.
- Ensure the design meets the OE/IIF/IFO expectations.
- Be proactive in promoting IIF/IFO safety culture.
- Search out and apply safety lessons learned.
- Provide guidance and experience to assist engineering, operations, and maintenance leaders in diagnosingand correcting operating problems.
- Encourage employee growth (both themselves and their team) in technical, business and commercial areas to better understand the business across the entire value chain through assignments, coaching and role modeling and providing direct and candid feedback.
- Support and provide leadership to less experienced engineers. Build a collaborative team environment between the team, engineering contractors and project engineers.
- Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years’ working experience with Oil & Gas industry required.
- Previous work experience with Oil &Gas construction/operations phases highly regarded.
- Familiarity with relevant Australian Standards
- Fully competent in project engineering and management
- Experience in the application of Australian and international codes and standards.
- Familiar with STAAD.Pro software
- Familiar with PDMS/3-D Design Modelling
- Familiar with Structural Modular design
- Familiar with designing Concrete Foundations
- Good general computing skills including excel and access required
- Long term contract (Aug 2022 - Dec 2024)
- CO2 Optimisation Project
- Work with a world leading Oil & Gas Operator
- Competitive rates
- Flexible arrangements
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Yamila Cabral is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth