About this job
- Industry: Energy Power Plants
- Area of expertise: Operations & Maintenance
- Location: Saint-Laurent
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Vocational School
About this role: Welder
Our client is searching for a Welder to join their growing team. Our client is a French-based utility company which operates largely in the water and waste management sectors.
The welder works in a custom machine shop environment safe from new fabrications, repairs, buildups and modifications to existing components and installations. Within our production team, you will have the following responsibilities as a welder:
- Read, interpret, and follow drawings including welding symbols and welding procedures
- Measure materials for dimensional in-process and final quality checks.
- Record information for inspections.
- Cut and prepare the material.
- Perform pre-welding activities including cleaning, assembly, pre-heating.
- Responsible for the preparation of materials before actual welding operations and the correct preparation of welding equipment.
- Perform post-weld activities including removal of spatter, slag, repair of weld defects and removal of heat marks/discoloration.
- Welding on different types of materials such as Mig (GMAW), Tig (GTAW) welding processes
- Perform mechanical and/or pneumatic assembly
- Be able to use different types of lifting equipment (overhead crane, forklift)
- Adhere to all company safety standards and work procedure policies.
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner
- Perform any other related task
- Ability to execute in a fast-paced, fast-paced environment that requires strong teamwork.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Use various equipment including grinders, torches, ironworker, saw, crane and hand tools
- Solid experience in the welding of pressure pipes and certain fabrications of steel structures.
- Expertise in welding stainless steels and carbon steels.
- Able to work in a team with minimal supervision.
- Working knowledge of computers for online security training.
- French (oral and written)
- Knowledge of English an asset
- Be able to carry up to 49 lbs per day
- Be able to stand for long periods
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Jen Folkes is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto