About this job
- Industry: Energy Power Plants
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Saint-Laurent
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Secondary School
About this role: Trades Helper/Day Laborer
Our client is searching for a Trades Helper/Day Laborer to join their growing team. Our client is a French-based utility company which operates largely in the water and waste management sectors.
The daily worker works in a safe bespoke machine shop environment of new fabrications, repairs, buildups and modifications to existing components and installations. Within our production team, you will have the following responsibilities as a daily worker:
- Able to read drawings
- Prepare the raw material (cutting, drilling, and deburring)
- Use different lifting equipment (crane, forklift)
- Perform mechanical and/or pneumatic assembly
- General help on CNC machines
- Prepare and pack all materials or equipment needed for shipment
- Clean welds of stainless-steel equipment
- Keep the factory clean and orderly
- Perform any other related task
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least two years of work experience in the industrial sector
- Working knowledge of computers for online security training
- Fluent French (written and oral)
- Knowledge of English an asset
- Be able to carry up to 49 lbs per day
- Be able to stand for long periods
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Jen Folkes is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto