About this job
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Perth
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Other
About this role: Technical & Compliance Engineer
As the Technical & Compliance Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in leading the scoping, planning, execution, and management of engineering and technical operational readiness scope, objectives, and deliverables for an upcoming project for our mining client based in Perth. Your primary responsibility will be to ensure a seamless transition from the project phase to operational phase by overseeing the development and consistent application of water quality compliance and engineering standards and practices.
- Coordinate operations input into project design reviews, major hazards involvement, safety reviews, and operability hazard reviews.
- Manage the source water risk assessment and develop the source water management plan for operations, including the source water monitoring program.
- Support negotiations to develop and finalise agreements, and brokering agreements with relevant stakeholders when required
- Coordinate, manage, and respond to all technical queries as the operational readiness representative.
- Provide input and ownership into the Operational Readiness risks within the Project risk register.
- Lead the operational readiness technical and water compliance interface between the Project and Utilities teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field is highly desirable
- Proven experience in a technical and compliance leadership role within the water utilities sector is highly desirable however mining experience will also be considered
- Strong understanding of water quality compliance and engineering standards.
- Project management experience, preferably in large-scale water utilities or mining projects.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of health, safety, and environmental regulations.
- Experience in commissioning and operational readiness processes.
- Familiarity with financial and budget management.
- Knowledge of mining and desalination processes is a plus.
- Demonstrated stakeholder engagement and management skills.
- Industry leading company
- $100-115 + super per hour
- 12 month contract
- Supportive workplace culture that values your growth and success
- Personalised guidance throughout the recruitment process
- Salary sacrificing, Novated Leasing, EAP, Hotel/Gym/Insurance discount
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel FamilyBrunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Michael Shirley is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth