About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Victoria
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
About this role: Tax Advisor
Brunel Australasia are currently recruiting for a Tax Advisor to join a major global energy company in Melbourne CBD!
This role has primary responsibility for FBT Compliance and Advisory in Australia, monthly and annual WHT Compliance for PNG, and other indirect tax types. Responsibilities include preparation and lodgment of FBT and WHT returns; reconciliation of accounts; identifying and managing tax risks; ensuring the business comply efficiently with regulatory requirements; and identify opportunities to improve the overall indirect tax position.
A significant focus of the role will be participating in project and change management work, in response to both regulatory and process changes.
- The role will suit candidates with strong technical experience in FBT, attention to detail and ability to meet lodgement deadlines.
- Relevant experience in professional practice; a similar commercial role; or with a revenue authority.
- Regional Tax experience Relevant undergraduate qualifications desirable.
- Strong EXCEL skills
- SAP and/or financial or taxation systems; interest and exposure to tax technology and data analytics would be beneficial.
- Self-motivated; able to work independently and/or as part of a larger team; who are resilient; who positively embrace challenges and are able to manage change; and can provide timely and insightful practical advice to our internal and external stakeholders.
- 1 year contract renewed annually
- Melbourne CBD / Work From Home available upon discussion
- Mon-Fri | 08:00-17:00
- Great Culture | Safety Focused | Professional Team
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Darren Leavey is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane