About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Construction, Commissioning & Operations
- Location: Perth
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
About this role: System Engineer - Mechanical & Rotating Equipment
Are you an experienced Mechanical / Rotating Equipment System Engineer looking for a challenging and rewarding role? Our client, a global O&G operator, is currently seeking a talented individual to act as the technical focal point for specified LNG systems for operations and asset management.
- Working with Production and Maintenance teams to identify, prioritize, and work on risks and opportunities within specified systems to deliver area-wide business outcomes in line with the asset risk portfolio.
- Overseeing and co-ordinating rotating equipment and mechanical work scopes for WHS Systems.
- Working cross-functionally to identify, prioritize, and mitigate asset risks and progress opportunities within the assigned system.
- Ensuring that plant technical integrity is protected by managing rotating equipment and support systems in line with the commitments of the safety case, performance standards, and base design.
- Providing direct technical support to Frontline, Production Operations, Maintenance, and Engineering for WHS rotating equipment, including troubleshooting and diagnostics.
- Owning the condition monitoring for assigned machinery scopes and maintaining machinery predictive maintenance toolsets, working with the Turbo Machinery Team as needed.
- Progressing required engineering modifications on the rotating and mechanical equipment.
- Reviewing and providing technical input for changes in testing procedures, start-up, and operations procedures.
- Framing issues and interfacing with the Technical Projects Team for successful handover, as well as acting as the asset focal point for Minor Design Changes (MDCs) and project delivery.
- Contributing to process hazard analysis, incident investigations, RCA’s and MOCs as a discipline engineer or as the system owner.
- Ensuring technical integrity is maintained within Systems engaging Subject Matter Experts where required.
To be considered for this role, applicants need to have a minimum engineering degree, a skilled understanding of Rotating Equipment and Mechanical engineering disciplines and their applications within complex Hydrocarbon or Chemical facilities, including codes and standards for equipment design and installation.
You should also have the ability to lead and coordinate technical troubleshooting efforts and work with cross-functional teams. Strong organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills are essential, as well as practical working knowledge of relevant Australian codes and standards. A can-do mindset and creative thinking skills will also be valuable assets in this role.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel FamilyBrunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning 44 countries, 100 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Yamila Cabral is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth