Steam Boiler Inspector
Vacancy number • PUB406119
Brunel International is looking for a Steam Boiler Inspector to join our team of international project management professionals. The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting periodic boiler inspections to ensure safe and reliable operation and optimized performance of the plant.
About this role
The Steam Boiler Inspector will be responsible for planning and executing the scope of boiler surveys based on several factors such as boiler design type, design temperatures and pressures, materials, fuels, age, unit history, as well as future plans and operating conditions. The Steam Boiler Inspector will also be responsible for conducting visual inspections of critical components such as soot blower piping & supports, exhaust systems, fuel oil and water storage tanks, boiler air & gas ducts and chimney ducts. Additionally, the Steam Boiler Inspector will conduct hydrostatic tests of boilers, calibrate pressure gauges during hydrostatic tests, audit contractor/vendor quality systems, review quality plans of contractor/vendor, support clients in formation & monitoring of maintenance planning and execution and support clients in procurement & inspection of spare parts.
- Graduate mechanical engineer with professional qualification;
- 10 years’ experience in power boiler engineering with boiler manufacturer, utility or inspection authority;
- 5 Years as Practitioner in power boiler and high energy pipework life management;
- Working Knowledge of power boiler, high energy pipework and pressure vessel design and construction;
- Knowledge of boiler water chemistry, combustion, gas side corrosion welding & NDE;
- Excellent communication skills both verbal & written;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Ability to meet deadlines.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience along with excellent benefits including health insurance coverage. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team working on international projects. If you are interested in this position please submit your resume along with a cover letter detailing your qualifications for this role. We look forward to hearing from you!
Brunel International is an international project management firm specializing in providing services for large scale infrastructure projects around the world. We have extensive experience managing complex projects from start to finish ensuring that our clients receive the highest quality service possible. Our team consists of experienced professionals from various disciplines including engineering, construction management and finance who are dedicated to delivering successful projects on time and within budget.
At Brunel, we believe that safety is not just a priority, but a value that is integral to our company culture at all levels of our organization.
- We establish measurable objectives and targets, consistently reviewing our activities, risks, legal obligations, and performance.
- Brunel Americas is a proud member of Houston Business Roundtable, & Utah Safety Council, and a participant of ISNetworld RAVS Plus Audit.
- Brunel consistently utilizes performance measuring and monitoring. This includes meticulous record keeping and routine inspections.
While compensation is important, finding the right cultural fit is equally crucial. At Brunel, our longstanding cultures and values have contributed to a positive employee experience, which is why some candidates have chosen to stay with us for 30 + years.
- Our values are at the center of everything we do –Entrepreneurship, Integrity, Results-driven, & Passion for people.
- Brunel is committed to an inclusive workforce and we understand that Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging are essential for a successful working culture, business, and community. Thus, Brunel takes both a global and regional approach to DE&I.
At Brunel, we prioritize candidate’s career abilities and needs even before the hiring process begins.
- With open lines of communication and a dedicated team assigned to every contractor, we strive to make every employee experience with us as easy and seamless as possible.
- Our contractors create and maintain lasting industry relationships that can be leveraged throughout their career.
- We prioritize employee needs in order to build strong partnerships that support our employees’ long-term professional success and development.
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Kevin Colaco is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number: PUB406119