About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Drilling, Completions & Geosciences
- Location: Perth
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
About this role: Sr Well Engineer (Completion & Well Intervention)
On behalf of our client, a global energy producer, we are seeking for a Senior Well Engineer (Completions & Well Intervention.)
This role is responsible for leading engineering and operational planning for the completion phase of the Crux project as well as potential future intervention requirements within the company.
The Sr Well Engineer will coordinating aspects of the engineering integrating the team with relevant stakeholders in completion tender evaluation and contractor onboarding in order to prepare for successful operations.
- Evaluate technical tender submissions, onboard contractors and deliver contracts for the execution phase.
- Carry out planning, programming and support for the Crux completion phase.
- Non Routine Well Intervention and Plug & Abandon (P&A) operations, aligned with Global Well Delivery Process.
- Manage internal interfaces with Project teams, (Wells, Reservoir and Facility, Management) WRFM and Assets ensuring company alignment within work scopes during the execution phase.
- Ensure well site equipment and service providers comply with specified quality control requirements.
- Support in development and application of Standard Practices.
- Actively engage with Detailed Design team to ensure learning and continuous improvement based on relevant execution experience, after action reviews (AAR) documentation and well production performance.
- Develop job programs to be reviewed by relevant stakeholders/TAs before job execution.
- Maintain risk and opportunity registers, update risk response strategies and implement risk management plans.
- Verify compliance and implementation of relevant technical standards and practices to ensure safe delivery of job programs.
- Provide technical reviews for non-routine intervention and P&A work.
- Manage changes and deviations in compliance with Wells Management of Change (MOC) procedure
- Mentor and support junior engineers with a view to assist them in developing in to mature engineers, particularly in the areas of intervention and P&A activities.
- Work closely with contractors during planning and execution of the scopes, including new technology applications where applicable.
- Conduct value creation events and identify gap to potential opportunities and actions for implementation.
- Requires minimum of a bachelor's degree in a relevant technical field and may have an advanced degree and extensive experience in applying the discipline skill(s) to oil gas projects.
- Familiar with most of discipline's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks while effectivelymanaging the interfaces.
- Demonstrate breadth in applying skills to different project phases and working knowledge / experience in other related disciplines.
- Resolves highly complex technical issues and provides technical assurance in areas of discipline expertise.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to supervisor or manager.
- 12 month contract
- Perth based
- Competitive rates
- Crux Project
- Flexible work arrangement
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world.
We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Yamila Cabral is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth