About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Drilling, Completions & Geosciences
- Location: Perth
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
About this role: Sr Operation Engineer
On behalf of our client, one of the world's great energy production corporations, we are looking for a Sr Operations Engineer to work on a 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off rotational roster.
This role will be mainly responsible for the planning, coordination, and direction of safe and efficient well construction activities on the drilling rig.
- Support Senior and Night Drilling Supervisors, Completions and Subsea Supervisors including planning, optimisation and supervision of offline and online operations
- Ensure offshore operations are conducted in accordance with key regulatory and company management system responsibilities especially:o Vessel Safety Caseo Well Operations Management Plan (WOMP)o Environmental Plan
o Well Operations Manualo Well Integrity Manualo Well Design Manualo SIMOPS requirements
o Management of Change
- Ensure offshore operations are conducted in accordance with the well programme, including confirming WAC and well barrier requirements are met
- Ensure all changes to activities are managed appropriately e.g., updated - approved - SID, MoC, etc.
- Review and prepare tallies, cementing programs, SIDs, risk assessments, kick sheets, pressure tests and other Well Acceptance Criteria (WAC)
- Actively lead SID reviews, After Action Reviews and After Operation Reviews and other continuousimprovement opportunities, to maximise learning curve, reduce risk of repeat of undesirable outcomes (HSE and NPT), and maximise realization of efficiencies including parallel auxiliary / main drill floor activities.
- Focal point for capturing SID learnings following execution
- Active participation in the identification, assessment and implementation of performance optimisation opportunities
- Actively participate and lead trouble shooting of technical and operational issues
- Assist planning of field SIMOPS activities, including lookahead plan times, to minimise SIMOPS impact to both field production and to the rig, SIMOPS RAs, and permits. MODU focal point for MODU field SIMOPS permits
- Proactively work with Operations Team and Engineering Team to identify, assess and implement performance optimisation opportunities including for dual activity operations
- Coordinate offshore MPD operations including operational boundaries, requesting and reviewing of modelling and resulting parameters
- Witness critical stages of the well construction operations as directed by DSV
- Degreed Engineer
- IWCF (Subsea) Supervisors Well Control Level
- Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS)
- Recognition and understanding of project objectives and priorities
- Delivers results, task orientated, organised and punctual
- Highly superior communication skills
- 10 years drilling and completion onshore and offshore experience
- Cement Design
- Emergency Planning-Safety & Environmen
- Fluids Engineering
- Management of Change (Well Operations)
- Mooring Design
- Well Barrier Design
- Well Control
- Well Integrity Management
- Wellbore Position & Collision Avoidance
- Well Site Supervision (Completions)
- Well Site Supervision (Drilling)
- Well Site Supervision (Subsea)
- Well Site Supervision (Testing
- 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off roster
- Initially 12 month contract
- Competitive rates
- Work with a global Oil & Gas operator
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Yamila Cabral is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth