About this job
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Vancouver
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
About this role: Sr. Mine Geologist
Our client is a BC-based exploration and development company focused on various projects. They have just completed construction & commissioning and are moving on to phase 3.
The successful candidate will manage and execute internal geological, operations, and scheduling duties in the extraction and concentration of gold-bearing veins exploited from the project.
- Work within the Company’s framework of the Environmental, Health and Safety, and Community Relation policy and procedure.
- Assist in the design and execution of all ongoing mining test work, within the Company’s exploitation and exploration concessions, specifically at the Project.
- Assist in the design, and exploitation of the Company’s Project open pit operation. This includes but is not limited to ore control, crushing, and ore sorting applications at the project.
- Work with and give ore control direction to the on-site mining contractor.
- Work with the on-site exploration contractor; incorporate exploration interpretations into the global and local block model.
- Work with private and government agencies in the design and implementation of programs to monitor PAG materials and give location direction to mitigate effects.
- Work with private and government agencies to monitor internal water quality to mitigate external effects.
- Undertake mine economic analysis to assist in the development of economic parameters for site optimization, scheduling, and budgeting as directed.
- Assist in presentations as requested by Mine Manager
- In concert with the Mine Manager, Mine General Manager; and other respective staff; assist in the management, development, and execution of the onsite project management where applicable.
- In concert with the Mine Manager and General Mine Manager and their respective staff; assist in the management, development, execution, and completion of onsite construction management particularly concerning ore control and ore resource modeling
- Assist department heads in assembling the corporate operating budget and schedule based on department operating and scheduling parameters
- Assist in the development of budget summaries, and expenditure schedules as required by the finance department
- Perform assignments as requested by the Mine Manager and/or designate
- Ability to produce accurate geological and production reports in a confidential environment
- University Degree in geology, geological engineering, and/or mining engineering
- Strong Communication, management, planning and execution, and supervisory skills
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in a mining and/or mineral resource project.
- Strong organizational planning
- Project start-up experience – construction, commissioning, and operation.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills
- Professional Geologist Designation
- Advanced level in ore modeling, ore control, and Microsoft Office Suite
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a full-time job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with onboarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Alyssa McLaren is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary