Shotfirer -Drill and Blast Operators
Vacancy number • PUB406459
Brunel is recruiting experienced and qualified Shotfirers for contract roles within a leading Iron Ore producer. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow your career with one of Australia’s top mining companies while taking advantage of an excellent pay rate and fantastic site culture. This role is on an 8/6 roster with genuine temp to perm and career progression pathways onsite.
About this role
Reporting to the Drill and Blast Supervisor, these positions will also be required to provide sufficient quantity and quality of blasted stock for mining or processing.
Key responsibilities include:
- Perform all duties as directed by the Drill & Blast Supervisory Team to meet daily operational targets.
- Operating machinery in a safe and efficient manner
- Ensuring all associated equipment is maintained in a safe condition.
- Ensuring Drill & Blast patterns are kept to a high standard.
- Using techniques and procedures that improve performance and cost efficiencies.
Education and Experience:
- WA Manual Driver's License
- Dangerous Goods Security Clearance
- Current WA Shotfirer's License
- Senior First Aid Certificate (desirable)
- Communication/ interpersonal skills - two-way operation
- Electronic experience would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of Mine Safety & Inspection and OHS Act/Regulations
- Basic computer and time management skills
- FIFO from Perth/Busselton/Karratha
- 8:6 roster / 12.5 hr. shifts
- Superannuation paid on all hours
- Genuine temp to perm opportunities if you display the right attitude and commitment.
- Brunel Benefits – salary packaging inc. options for flights ex east coast, flexible payroll options, discountedGym & health membership, corporate travel benefits plus more
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organizations on a contract, permanent, or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
At Brunel, we believe that safety is not just a priority, but a value that is integral to our company culture at all levels of our organization.
- We establish measurable objectives and targets, consistently reviewing our activities, risks, legal obligations, and performance.
- Brunel Americas is a proud member of Houston Business Roundtable, & Utah Safety Council, and a participant of ISNetworld RAVS Plus Audit.
- Brunel consistently utilizes performance measuring and monitoring. This includes meticulous record keeping and routine inspections.
While compensation is important, finding the right cultural fit is equally crucial. At Brunel, our longstanding cultures and values have contributed to a positive employee experience, which is why some candidates have chosen to stay with us for 30 + years.
- Our values are at the center of everything we do –Entrepreneurship, Integrity, Results-driven, & Passion for people.
- Brunel is committed to an inclusive workforce and we understand that Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging are essential for a successful working culture, business, and community. Thus, Brunel takes both a global and regional approach to DE&I.
At Brunel, we prioritize candidate’s career abilities and needs even before the hiring process begins.
- With open lines of communication and a dedicated team assigned to every contractor, we strive to make every employee experience with us as easy and seamless as possible.
- Our contractors create and maintain lasting industry relationships that can be leveraged throughout their career.
- We prioritize employee needs in order to build strong partnerships that support our employees’ long-term professional success and development.
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Rebecca Daglan is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number: PUB406459