Senior Venture Control Accountant
Vacancy number • PUB406617
- Provide professional advice and guidance on division specific financial, accounting, management accounting, tax, and related issues, whilst demonstrating a sound understanding of the underlying principles, concepts, and standards.
- Perform analyses and present financial data, both internally and externally.
About this role
- Perform the accounting of all revenues ensuring correct invoice coding. Perform month end reconciliation which reconciles volumes to the production allocation reports.
- Perform the quarterly price adjustment reconciliation and post the adjustment invoices and co-ordinate the monthly account reconciliation process and perform own account reconciliations.
- Review allocated and direct operating costs for reasonableness and review the monthly capacity usage reconciliation.
- Review lease postings for accuracy and reasonableness and ensure all cash calls are posted and accounted for correctly.
- Compile the cash forecasting for technical SAP companies by coordinating and reviewing input from other areas of finance and review cash forecast for reasonableness before sending to treasury.
- Perform the monthly tax calculation. Coordinate and review inputs from Asset & Materials, Allocation and Planning. Prepare for and calculate tax post TPOB regime expiry. Address working level queries raised by Shareholder representative.
- Contribute to the preparation of the annual financial statements, in particular drafting various financial notes and ensuring compliance with the most up to date IFRS reporting standards.
- Contribute to the preparation of Monthly Shareholder Reporting and query resolution from internal and external stakeholders.
- Produce the statistical reporting i.e., PPI report, QCB Report, Sales report, foreign investments survey, energy survey, and adhoc reports as required.
- Complete the monthly upload of the production volume data in BPC and associated revenues and ensure integrity of the inputs into the planning system.
- Contribute to the preparation of the annual budget and long-term business plan (WP&B).
- Co-ordinate the approval and implementation of master data requests, ensuring that the various reporting hierarchies are consistently updated with new accounts or amended mappings
- Ensure a strong understanding of the compliance framework including standards of internal controls, addressing control gaps, and recommending process changes.
- Ensure an effective control environment is applied including application of Table of Financial Authority (TOFA).
- Bachelor’s degree in an Accounting, Finance, Economic or Commercial discipline; or
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline and an internationally recognized professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CA, CFA, CIMA, CMA, CPA).
- 5 years’ experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Strong knowledge of accounting systems.
- Strong financial knowledge in a range of areas including compilation and analysis.
- Computer literacy, including working knowledge of business software programmes such as EC, SAP and BPC
- Monthly Rate in QAR Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 8 Hours / 5 Days
- Permanent Hiring
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Life Sciences, Future Mobility and Mining.
At Brunel, we believe that safety is not just a priority, but a value that is integral to our company culture at all levels of our organization.
- We establish measurable objectives and targets, consistently reviewing our activities, risks, legal obligations, and performance.
- Brunel Americas is a proud member of Houston Business Roundtable, & Utah Safety Council, and a participant of ISNetworld RAVS Plus Audit.
- Brunel consistently utilizes performance measuring and monitoring. This includes meticulous record keeping and routine inspections.
While compensation is important, finding the right cultural fit is equally crucial. At Brunel, our longstanding cultures and values have contributed to a positive employee experience, which is why some candidates have chosen to stay with us for 30 + years.
- Our values are at the center of everything we do –Entrepreneurship, Integrity, Results-driven, & Passion for people.
- Brunel is committed to an inclusive workforce and we understand that Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging are essential for a successful working culture, business, and community. Thus, Brunel takes both a global and regional approach to DE&I.
At Brunel, we prioritize candidate’s career abilities and needs even before the hiring process begins.
- With open lines of communication and a dedicated team assigned to every contractor, we strive to make every employee experience with us as easy and seamless as possible.
- Our contractors create and maintain lasting industry relationships that can be leveraged throughout their career.
- We prioritize employee needs in order to build strong partnerships that support our employees’ long-term professional success and development.
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Bea Cristina Pineda is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number: PUB406617