About this job
- Industry: Pharmaceutical
- Area of expertise: Research & Development
- Location: Alberta
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
About this role: Senior Research Scientist
We are currently hiring a Senior Research Scientist for our client, a leading manufacturer in pharmaceuticals, headquartered in Montreal. This is a full-time permanent position with great opportunities for growth.
- Understands and applies regulatory guidelines for product development, submissions and to respond to deficiency letters
- Uses scaleup principles to increase batch sizes of developed prototypes to pilot and commercial scales
- Responsible for the development of oral solid dosage forms or sterile injectable or other specialized dosage forms
- Understands and evaluates the innovator product, literature, IP landscape, formulation, and process amongst other aspects to develop the product
- Authors/prepares all documents as per all effective procedures
- Manufactures development lots as per GLP and sets up equipment as needed
- Interacts with all stakeholders as needed during development and execution of tasks
- Creates as needed, review and approve milestone batch records as per effective procedures
- Assists and monitors manufacturing of milestone batches
- Participate in regulatory, internal and client audits as an SME
- Follows all relevant safety and working procedures
- Tabulates, analyses, and interprets data
- Identifies and contributes process improvement initiatives
- Supports additional activities as needed
- Holds a Ph.D., master’s, or bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy or an equivalent Diploma with a minimum of 4 years of experience in the industry
- Experience in development of solid oral dosage forms is a must-have
- Strong technical knowledge of working principles of manufacturing equipment and technology
- Experience with scaleup principles and regulatory guidelines such as GLP and GMP
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Quynh Vo is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary