Senior Refractory Specialist
Vacancy number • PUB406449
Brunel is currently hiring a talented professional to lead technical aspects of refractory design for hydrometallurgical equipment in collaboration with a major Engineering, Procurement, and Construction Management (EPCM) company. This role involves overseeing material selection, bricking arrangements, thermal and mechanical analysis, specification development, supplier selection, and ensuring quality throughout fabrication and installation. Additionally, responsibilities include forensic analysis and troubleshooting of existing refractory linings.
About this role
- Define and contribute to projects’ scope, costs and benefits, schedule, and implementation strategy.
- Technically manage project execution teams consisting of a mix of internal resources, consultants, and contractors.
- Review and approve drawings; oversee others responsible for update and creation of the drawings.
- Conduct refractory supplier pre-qualification and manage refractory supplier relationships.
- Conduct QA/QC inspections at suppliers’ facilities prior to products being shipped or at the project site.
- Provide on-site supervision during construction and refractory installation phases of a project.
- Conduct weekly project review meetings with the project execution team.
- Develop plans for operational support of refractory-lined assets, including planning and execution of fitness-for-service inspections, dimensional surveys, data analysis, condition assessment, preventive maintenance, and re-lining activities.
- Develop and conduct a training program to upgrade skills of project execution team members as needed to support the growth of the refractory practice.
- Assist the leadership team through review of the relevant sections of proposals for key projects.
- Identify and manage technology improvement projects, including approved R&D projects.
- Identify patentable technology and assist the Director with the drafting of patent applications.
- Assist with marketing of technology, including writing technical papers and participation in relevant industry meetings, workshops, and conferences.
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering with a major in material science or ceramics.
- A minimum of 10 years practical experience in the use of refractory materials in hydrometallurgical applications with an excellent working knowledge of vessel lining design, operation, and maintenance.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in refractory manufacturing, particularly involving the production, quality control, and installation of refractory brick and tile products, mortars, and lining systems.
- Good working knowledge of the technical aspects of refractory design in closely related areas, i.e., an understanding of the impacts of refractory linings on vessel deflection and structural containments
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office 10 products such as Word, Excel, MS Project, and PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational skills are required to meet multiple task targets. The individual must demonstrate leadership skills to manage contractors, control budgets, and maintain scheduled commitments.
- Good knowledge of project execution methodologies.
What We Offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining, and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing – anywhere in the world.
At Brunel, we believe that safety is not just a priority, but a value that is integral to our company culture at all levels of our organization.
- We establish measurable objectives and targets, consistently reviewing our activities, risks, legal obligations, and performance.
- Brunel Americas is a proud member of Houston Business Roundtable, & Utah Safety Council, and a participant of ISNetworld RAVS Plus Audit.
- Brunel consistently utilizes performance measuring and monitoring. This includes meticulous record keeping and routine inspections.
While compensation is important, finding the right cultural fit is equally crucial. At Brunel, our longstanding cultures and values have contributed to a positive employee experience, which is why some candidates have chosen to stay with us for 30 + years.
- Our values are at the center of everything we do –Entrepreneurship, Integrity, Results-driven, & Passion for people.
- Brunel is committed to an inclusive workforce and we understand that Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging are essential for a successful working culture, business, and community. Thus, Brunel takes both a global and regional approach to DE&I.
At Brunel, we prioritize candidate’s career abilities and needs even before the hiring process begins.
- With open lines of communication and a dedicated team assigned to every contractor, we strive to make every employee experience with us as easy and seamless as possible.
- Our contractors create and maintain lasting industry relationships that can be leveraged throughout their career.
- We prioritize employee needs in order to build strong partnerships that support our employees’ long-term professional success and development.
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Clemens Snoeijer is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number: PUB406449