About this job
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Perth
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
About this role: Senior Process Engineer
Brunel are seeking a Senior Process Engineer to join one of our leading tier-1 mining clients and provide technical expertise from their Perth office. The SPE will be responsible for supporting with metallurgical and process engineering issues, evaluating process improvements, process modelling, and simulation activities. This role will involve extensive engagement with a broad range of internal departments and some ad hoc site travel.
- Deliver solutions to existing operational challenges regarding safety, process, yield, or upgrade
- Engage all stakeholders to understand and identify business needs
- Develop standard reports for presenting modelling outcomes
- Work with the strategic planning team to deliver modelling requirements
- Develop and manage test-work programs to progress project evaluation
- Work closely with mine planning and geology teams to improve ore body knowledge and regression predictions
- Develop projects with operations; supporting through design, execution, commissioning and handover
- Generate and/or approve process related deliverables and documentation for project evaluation and delivery
- Ensure correct application of Health & Safety standards
- Oversee technical quality, integrity, and adequacy of designs
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Metallurgy or Chemical Engineering
- Process engineering experience on major mineral processing projects working on materials handling, crushing, screening, and wet beneficiation process plant (especially physical separation unit processes)
- Experience in most major components of mining project studies and development
- Strong conceptual thinking and analytical focus with practical alignment to reality
- Excellent problem-solving skills and continual improvement focus with a demonstrated commitment to safety
- Negotiable rate based on experience - tell us what you're wanting!
- Monday to Friday roster: No FIFO
- Initial 12-month contract with potential to extend or transition to permanent FTE
- Brunel Benefits – salary packaging, flexible payroll options, discounted gym & health memberships, corporate travel benefits, retail discounts, plus more
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel FamilyBrunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented peoplewith opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilledroles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidateswith industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney,Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly globalnetwork spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginaland Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Danielle Collins is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth