Senior Operations Geologist
Vacancy number • PUB406665
On behalf of our client, a global lead energy operator, we are seeking a Senior Operations Geologist to join a dynamic team in Perth for a 12-month contract opportunity. T
he successful candidate will play a crucial role in providing operations geology expertise for Exploration Drilling Operations, ensuring efficient drilling operations and maintaining high standards of service delivery.
About this role
- Oversee the setup and maintenance of geotechnical contractors' systems for drilling programs.
- Coordinate geotechnical reporting and data recording systems.
- Troubleshoot equipment and service delivery problems by contractors.
- Maintain daily communication between onshore and offshore teams.
- Supervise and ensure quality control of daily and end-of-well data deliverables.
- Distribute regulatory reports to government bodies and joint venture partners.
- Compile post-drill reports and documents, including Well Completion Reports.
- Attend joint venture workshops for drilling operations.
- Conduct safety and hazard identification during drilling operations.
- Deliver well operations-related documentation and procedures.
- Coordinate services providers and standard operations procedures.
- Mentor graduate wellsite trainees and optimize Data Acquisition Programme.
- Participate in cost reduction initiatives and identify opportunities for new technologies.
- Bachelor of Science in Geology or similar Geosciences degree.
- Strong experience in Well Planning & Operations Geology.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
- Knowledge of government and petroleum legislation.
- Experience in well design, planning, and logistics.
- Auditing third-party contractors for safety compliance.
- Ability to conduct activities safely and efficiently.
- Participation in safety programs and training.
- Promotion of workplace values and diversity.
- Identification of opportunities for technological advancements.
- Australian Full working rights
- 12 month contract opportunity
- Perth based
- Competitive rates
- Work with a global Lead Energy Operator
Operating locally since 1997, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 45 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
At Brunel, we believe that safety is not just a priority, but a value that is integral to our company culture at all levels of our organization.
- We establish measurable objectives and targets, consistently reviewing our activities, risks, legal obligations, and performance.
- Brunel Americas is a proud member of Houston Business Roundtable, & Utah Safety Council, and a participant of ISNetworld RAVS Plus Audit.
- Brunel consistently utilizes performance measuring and monitoring. This includes meticulous record keeping and routine inspections.
While compensation is important, finding the right cultural fit is equally crucial. At Brunel, our longstanding cultures and values have contributed to a positive employee experience, which is why some candidates have chosen to stay with us for 30 + years.
- Our values are at the center of everything we do –Entrepreneurship, Integrity, Results-driven, & Passion for people.
- Brunel is committed to an inclusive workforce and we understand that Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging are essential for a successful working culture, business, and community. Thus, Brunel takes both a global and regional approach to DE&I.
At Brunel, we prioritize candidate’s career abilities and needs even before the hiring process begins.
- With open lines of communication and a dedicated team assigned to every contractor, we strive to make every employee experience with us as easy and seamless as possible.
- Our contractors create and maintain lasting industry relationships that can be leveraged throughout their career.
- We prioritize employee needs in order to build strong partnerships that support our employees’ long-term professional success and development.
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Yamila Cabral is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number: PUB406665